Vortex Razor UH-1 for Duty Rifle Use

Ben_170

I am looking to run a personally owned Vortex Razor UH-1 on my patrol rifle and I wanted a better sample size than my one. I would be replacing my office's issued vortex sparc (I'm not thrilled about having an entry level optic on my work rifle).

To test the UH-1 I have been using it on my personal surpressed pistol that is very similar to the silenced SBRs we run at work.

I noticed an issue immediately, at roughly 100-200 rounds I noticed the pin retaining the catch that blocks the throw switch started walking out. Shown in photo. I pushed it back in and watched it slowly walk out again after a few magazines.
20200214_050504.jpg
20200214_050335.jpg
I reached out to vortex's customer service and they promptly send me a replacement part. Curiously they sent me a replacement throw lever (not a replacement pin or catch). The rep said that the new throw lever would fix this issue. When I received the new part I noticed that the part was slightly different. The treads were longer on the new part and there was slight difference in the shape of the shaft.

This experience has me second guessing using it for duty, it wouldn't be a catastrophic failure to loose that pin but it does contribute to retaining the optic on the firearm. The customer service is obviously great but that's doesn't help you halfway through a call.

What do you guys think? Pass on it or run it because it's better than a dang sparc?

It should be noted that I got the optic free for selling their products as a gun store salesman. So I have no emotional or financial investment.

Gypsy EDC

This experience has me second guessing using it for duty, it wouldn't be a catastrophic failure to loose that pin but it does contribute to retaining the optic on the firearm. The customer service is obviously great but that's doesn't help you halfway through a call.
Have had more than 1 issue with vortex QC, I agree warranty is awesome CS is awesome, but SOL if you need it to work right, right now. That said if it fixes it than it fixes it. Run it through 500 rounds if it's solid after that I'd personally consider it fixed