Vltor A5

MahleE13

Who is it for? And, for the purposes of reliability, what may be the downsides, particularly when running underpowered plinking ammo (in addition to buck-a-pop duty ammo) in gas ports ranging from 0.625-0.750. I already understand it’s “smoother, less felt recoil etc”. Thank you all.

dont_tread_on_me

I installed the A5 when I went to a short (11.5) bbl. The issues with short barrel DI guns are well understood and this is one way of mitigating them. I think the number of end users running the A5 system speaks volumes about its value. This video, while not specifically about the A5, is one of my favorites to illustrate the point:

MahleE13

I installed the A5 when I went to a short (11.5) bbl. The issues with short barrel DI guns are well understood and this is one way of mitigating them. I think the number of end users running the A5 system speaks volumes about its value. This video, while not specifically about the A5, is one of my favorites to illustrate the point:
I watched the video, and my eye may be too untrained, but I couldn’t discern a difference.

Arrik1

Quantified Performance
if you watch closely as the weapon goes into battery you'll see a slight bounce of the carrier back and forth. it's most prominent on the carbine buffer and doesn't occur at all with the rifle buffer.