Velocity Systems Magnetic Placards

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Anyone using the VS magnetic placard? I’m curious mostly about the plate it attaches to? Are you using it on Concealment armor or something else? I’ve seen a small chest rig looking thing as well as the full ULV plate carrier. I was thinking of dropping the base plate into Concealment armor but there’s not a ton of info out there. Every IG post is about what’s on the outside. That’s the least interesting part. We all know what tacos and 10 Speeds are. Any reviews?

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
It’s the interface that’s most important, how or how well does that base plate interact with other armor. Just knowing the dimensions so you’d know if it fit in your plate pocket etc

jwr_patriot

Amateur
It’s the interface that’s most important, how or how well does that base plate interact with other armor. Just knowing the dimensions so you’d know if it fit in your plate pocket etc

I would love to know how petty wears it with just a shirt, no carrier. I thought in his gear video with Triarc he might talk about how it attaches, but he just reviewed the outside of the placard like you guys said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I’ve got one of these and am liking it so far. As far as setup I’m using it in my concealed carrier as a quick throw on active shooter/ shits getting hairy rig. I’m still playing with the set up of the actual panel but as far as the metal insert for the carrier I literally just got one of our inmates to cut to shape, round the edges, and paint a small piece of metal and stuffed it in my carrier (Velocity ULV) it holds well over uniform shirt, we wear dress clothes for work rather then a duty uniform thus why I went with it. When not worn it sits on my center console with the magnet holding it in place. Magnets are strong enough it’s not gonna be a flying object in the cab in anything short of a REALLY bad wreck.

I @ you in the Discord, get with me there if you want pictures of it

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Like what’s the weight of the base plate? I guess yours is different if you made your own. Dimensions? Any strange or less optimal factors with the base panel inside your soft armor carrier when not using the placard? Like do you notice the base plate in daily activity and wear?

JB1

I run one as well, I’m using it with a velocity systems ULV2. I primarily use it on surveillance under a shirt (the suspects I’m investigating are all violent and are usually armed) . The weight of the metal insert is negligible (I believe it is made of tin). I can’t notice a difference between when it is and isn’t inside the ULV2. It’s a great system depending on your role at work.

JB1

If anyone in LE needs more info on this pm me. I don’t want to put too much information out as velocity systems really seems to try to keep information on this out of the public domain.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
If anyone in LE needs more info on this pm me. I don’t want to put too much information out as velocity systems really seems to try to keep information on this out of the public domain.
Thanks. Negligible is the kind of info I was wondering about. I was really hoping that whether I was using soft Concealment armor only or a plate, that’s the adapter would not be noticed. What I didn’t want is to feel like there was a plate in my Concealment vest when the placard was not in use. I also didn’t want to have to take it out whenever there was no chance I was going to be using a placard with it because of weight or comfort or lack of Concealment in uniform

Mike2926

I have one that I have been running with my daily wear uniform. I use it for what @runningwolf uses it for; active shooter, SHTF rig. I also use it at the range when teaching academy and other firearms classes.

I chose the MOLLE magnetic placard so that I could have the most options to set it up to my liking. Initially I had it set up with two generic AR15 rifle pouches and quickly became dissatisfied with it. For it to be a serious setup it needed more function than to hold two rifle magazines. I have since changed it out to an Esstac pouch (single rifle, two pistol ) and a small med pouch.

The magnets inside are strong and in my opinion could be a tad stronger. In personal testing the fully loaded placard stays tight during physical activities (running, jumping, climbing). It is possible for the placard to shift if you bump into things. During ground fighting training the placard came off every time.

I like the metal plate insert it comes with. My agency is issued Point Blank vests and the insert fits tightly and doesn't shift. Plus the insert is tall and runs from the bottom of the vest panel to almost three inches below the top of the front vest panel. What this translates into is that when responding quickly to an incident I don't have to be exact in the placement of the placard. I can always adjust it later if I have to. This also gives the placard plenty of space to be moved if need be depending on what I'm doing (standing, sitting, prone, etc).

@Oak City Tactics I will agree 100% that the weight of the placard is negligible. You will however notice the plate because it is on the outside of the armor panel next to the carrier. The vest is just as concealable as before. I am curious however if the insert provides any stab protection but not curious enough to test out my insert.