VCD Grips

vcdgrips

The Story of VCD Grips

Your firearm is a tool – to use it well you must have the best grip possible. VCD grips allow you to have the grip needed to solve the problem...at the range, in the field or on the street. I texture polymer grip panels and other items with a keen emphasis on 1911s. I have been doing so as a one man shop since 2008.

How VCD Grips were developed
When I am not putting bad guys in jail or shooting, I try to make my gear work a little better.
My inspiration for the grip design came after attending a 5 day 1911 training class in June of 2007. While the polymer grips I was running held their own, I was still having a bit of slippage as they day heated up and my hands became sweaty. I thought there should to be a better way, it should not cost $60 - $80 and it should really improve the grip one has on their weapon. After some experimentation, VCD Grips – "Vaya Con Dios," "Go With God" – were born.
How VCD Grips are made
These grips are individually textured, one set at a time, by someone (me) who who truely appreciates the need for a grip that allows the shooter maximum control over the weapon under adverse conditions. These grips are not the prettiest. I leave pretty to grip masters like Esmerelda and Hakan. However, the VCD Grips were developed with input from, and have been tested by, active-duty military personnel, FBI SWAT Team members, members of state and local law enforcement, Gunsite/Thunder Ranch/Trident Concepts/Rangemaster/
EAG/ Pistol-Training.Com Graduates and long time IPSC/IDPA competitors who all agree the grips work as intended.
What do you think?