Urging Local LE to Adopt Handgun RDS

CK837

Amateur
My friend at my towns PD has an issued Gen 4 22 that shoots 4” high and 4” left at 10 yards. Same officer with my RDS equipped Glock 19 was consistently chewing up the X Ring at that same distance.
Sounds like you have your in right there. What kind of pull does that officer have? Show and tell is definitely the way to convince admin that there is something out there that can reduce liability by giving officers confidence in their weapons ability. That's the direction I'd push personally.

ffemt11b

I think the best bet to start getting RDS on local LE guns is to get the FBI to start using the as standard equipment.

Wolf5

Best way is to just expose the upper command staff to the RDS on the range. You can explain things to them all day, but first hand use is the best in my opinion. My Chief used one on the range and was sold. They will be adopted for use this coming year, as an option. MOS models only.

CK837

Amateur
I think the best bet to start getting RDS on local LE guns is to get the FBI to start using the as standard equipment.
On a large scale I agree, but there is no reason @Joe _K can't gain ground on an individual level through relationships and exposing the command staff to the benefits like @Wolf5 said. Plenty of agencies around me, to include my own agency, are adopting RDS pistols at least on an individual officer level.

MrMurphy

Agreed with most, its a money issue. Houston Pd authorizing individual purchase factory RDS capable guns is a massive step forward.