Unity Clutch Belt Setups & Discussion

krax

After my last range day I'll have to retract my praise for the elastic pistol insert. Since it's just an elastic strap holding the mag, gravity will take the mag all the way down to the bottom of the pocket making it a little harder to get a hold of the magazine for a reload. It's not awful, but I'm reloading from closed-front concealment so I'm already behind the power curve. The cheap BladeTech/Uncle Mikes/whoever double pistol plastic mag pouch, with the paddle replaced by velcro, may actually be the best option here.

Unity-Trent

Amateur
Vendor
Krax,

I havent run into the problem you are describing, but you could put the mags into the depth you preferred and then sew a line across both cells to prevent them from going deeper than planned.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
So I’ve had this for quite some time now and really love it for the times it’s applicable. I’ve been running uncle mikes mag pouches and holsters for the inserts mostly because a I had several laying around in the box of holsters. I want to carry my Roland at times and the suppressor height sights don’t work in the uncle mikes sight channel. What recommendations do you guys have. Experienced Clutch users preferred.

krax

The Raven Concealment Perun will fit in the pass-through cell to carry a light/RDS-equipped pistol. Good price too.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
Revisiting an old one here. I’m not totally satisfied with my Perun LC for a light bearing Clutch insert. In the past year what else have we discovered that is working well to tuck the grip in? I really would love a Clutch specific kydex holster, not a repurposed belt mounted rig. I think it’s specific enough to warrant one if you want the best wear out of the Clutch. I’ve made non light bearing kydex sleeves for the G43 but I’ve not been successful making a light bearing rig. I think what’s needed is a single piece fold (taco) with retention on the trigger guard side and a very tall claw. Somewhere probably in the 3-4” range tall to tuck the grip.