TYR Tactical

Ben H

Has anyone attended a TYR Tactical class? I have heard good things about their gear, but it their training classes are scarce. In a quick Google search, I believe Dan Brokos taught for them at some point, but obviously has his own company now. I have the opportunity to take a pistol / carbine class with them, but wanted to see if anyone has any experience first.

0uTkAsT

Amateur
I could be mistaken but I don't think Tyr Tactical, the gear manufacturer out of AZ, has been involved in any training since 2017, perhaps even longer. There's a different company called Tyr Group run by John Hurthout of Louisiana that specializes in tracking and E&E-type courses, is it possible the two of them are getting confused?

John and Tyr Tactical are definitely two different companies. If you are looking at tracking classes with John at Tyr Group, he’s good to go. John is good people and I try to get out there as much as I can. Eventually I’m gonna be able to consistently make it a yearly course as tracking is easily my favorite skill.