Trying to PID a possible Beretta guns and parts scam site, need input

Cgarcia

I was researching parts for an eventual 1301 build the other day and came across BerettaGunShop.com
The lack of any contact info or ffl info put me on guard. They claim to deal some 1301 parts that Aridus makes but after speaking to Adam at Aridus it seems they are not one of his dealers. I am looking to see if anyone has had dealings with this company before.

JakeKiere

I'd avoid it like the plague. They have way too much inventory "in stock" for it to be legitimate, and when I added something to my cart, the only payment options are Apple Pay and Zelle. Probably a scam site.

shoobe01

Established
Seen 100 threads on various fora like this for every brand. It's like a lot of other products: scammy or just sketchy, they pop up based on searches, and are populated with the same bot scanning. Seems to have really taken off for guns in the last year or so, but been around for a while.

I would 1000% never, ever, ever touch anything that takes other than card payment unless I know them real, real well. Run the virus software when you find one of these to double check.

Funnily enough, some of those that claim to stock all [brand] products in some industries so look like a lie in retrospect, at least do eventually fulfill the order at least sometimes. Heard of it for small engines, appliances, etc. All hope is lost and a year later the obscure part arrives in the mail after all.

PM07

Staff member
When in doubt, its a scam. Good luck on getting Aridus parts. Stick to known dealers like Big Tex,Optactical . I'm not just saying that because they have banners but have personally been a long time customer of both. I've been trying to get a CROM for like 4 month now.

Cgarcia

When in doubt, its a scam. Good luck on getting Aridus parts. Stick to known dealers like Big Tex,Optactical . I'm not just saying that because they have banners but have personally been a long time customer of both. I've been trying to get a CROM for like 4 month now.
For sure. I love the dudes over at BTO, solid bunch and do business with them as often as I can. I mainly posted to ensure I was not jumping to conclusions based on gut feeling. Second opinions always help.
I already spoke to Adam at Aridus last week and he is aware of this.... Tomfoolery.