Trusted Media outlets

Grayman

Established
Obviously we have the best source of info right here at our finger tips but if you have to get info elsewhere what are your top picks?

Specifically what magazines, websites, or other media outlets do you know and trust for quality information on gear and equipment?

My list:
P&S bookface
Soldier systems
Breach Bang and Clear
Monderno
Lightfighter
Recoil
SWAT

Contribute your go to's....

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I recently came to a sad conclusion, this place and the P&S FB groups cover everything better and more in depth than my previous and current magazine subscriptions.

Grayman

Established
No I'm afraid there is a cost... You must first find and then maintain a level of intellectual capability beyond that of the typical "combat shooting" enthusiast to function here. I don't believe your typical Arfcommer will be able to survive here for long before the pressure of maintaining your lane pushes them out. You can't fix stupid and intellect doesn't come cheap.

This is where the paths diverge and why I asked the original question. Unfortunately the wolfs share of this market is occupied by individuals who cannot or will not function in this type of environment and seek their information elsewhere. For the purposes of the OP I am seeking which of these other options are valid.... Sometimes you gotta reach the bubba.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
If I remember correctly, the firearms blog is the one that has the dude that steals material and photos.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
@Bronson I think had the worst... I think?

Basically taking pictures and discussion that he wasn't involved in and claiming them as his own. It was FB related so links are difficult to provide.

RickJames

Amateur
It's not exactly a source of information in, and of, itself, but I use the Flipboard app on my phone a lot to find tons of articles and photos of various gun/gear related topics. Basically, anything you would look for on the net can be found. Then, once an article/source has been located, one can subscribe, similar to the way one might subscribe to an RSS feed.

Did not know that. Can you link an example?
And not to totally highjack the OP, but go HERE and read the comments.

KMo1205

ITS Tactical, The Loadout Room are pretty good for articles, especially ITS. And I check out Jerking the Trigger and AR15News for new products and reviews.

S.W.

The Firearms blog use to be a great place before the comments section was filled with people from someplace called /k/. All they talk about is Mosin memes and how expensive everything is. I don't bother reading anything on that site anymore.

Soldier Systems, P&S, LF, Breach, Bang, and Clear, Weaponsman, and MSW are the only places I bother looking at anymore. M4C's newsletter with Hackathorn's articles are great as well.