Trijicon MRO

Default.mp3

Established

MSRP is suppose to be ~500 USD. Wonder how they'll stack up against the T-2, especially with a magnifier. I'd be interested to see if that larger objective lens has any actual real-world application.

adam_s

Very interesting. Pricing is pretty attractive, and the battery life is similar to a T1/T2. I'll watch this with interest.

voodoo_man

Established
nFiET9o.jpg

Just got it in last week, gana start running it.

Heard on somewhere else that there might be a fish eye effect when transitioning targets. Can anyone chime in? Possibly because of the different sizes of entrance and exit glass?

Default.mp3

Established
Heard on somewhere else that there might be a fish eye effect when transitioning targets. Can anyone chime in? Possibly because of the different sizes of entrance and exit glass?
Messing with it at the LGS, shooting at 25 yards indoors, there is some distortion that I could notice when shooting both eyes open; my friend who owned the rifle and MRO noticed the same thing. I also noticed it on a different unit, while just coonfingering it at the store. I use correctional lenses, but I don't have this problem with the Aimpoints (although the Aimpoint T1's dot looks like a comma, as opposed the MRO's perfect dot).

k912

I've had one for about two months with a few hundred rounds through it. Because of the larger objective lens, you get a very slight magnification at 1.05x. This is what might be causing some people to think it has a 'fisheye' effect. I've really become a fan of this cool little optic. It currently lives comfortably on my duty SBR.

I've only shot a few rounds through a buddy's SCAR 16 with an MRO, which isn't enough to tell much, but one thing really stood out to me: My astigmatisms make a mess out of most red dots, but this one looked extremely sharp to me.

So if anybody has had to start getting away from red dots like I've been doing, you should give it a look. I can't express how much better it looked to me than any red dot or "holo" I've looked through in recent years. It may not BE better, but it LOOKED better to me.