Trigger Reset Issues-PX4 Chronicles Volume I

SmElly

Picked up my shiny new PX4 compact from the FFL a few weeks ago.
Lots of dry fire practice ensued. A weird issue ensued.

It appears my PX4 has two different reset points. Reset #1 occurs in normal position. After reset #1, there's some takeup, the wall, then the break.
Reset #2 is similar to a glock's reset; the trigger resets at the wall, leaving no takeup for the next shot. More peculiar still, is that reset #2 occurs with varying regularity. Sometimes it will happen once every 5 shots, sometimes once every 20 or so. I have since put around 500 rounds through the gun, and the problem persists under live fire conditions. Having the trigger reset in an unexpected place makes fast, precise follow up shots difficult.

Beretta CS was called today. Apparently the issue may brought on by less than ideal reassembly of the fire control group. I bought the pistol brand new, and have never disassembled it down to the FCG.
My PX4 will be getting shipped off to Beretta this week. I'll keep you folks updated.

I made a video demonstrating the issue; I recommend using the time stamps in the description for brevity's sake :

PJ Valley

Hi there, just came across this post after a web search for the same problem. Has anyone fixed this issue without sending it back to the mothership? I am sporadically experiencing the same problem, roughly once every 20 to 30 dry/life fires. Unfortunately I am based out of Puerto Rico and will need to jump through hoops to send it out to Beretta for repair.

SmElly

Hi there, just came across this post after a web search for the same problem. Has anyone fixed this issue without sending it back to the mothership? I am sporadically experiencing the same problem, roughly once every 20 to 30 dry/life fires. Unfortunately I am based out of Puerto Rico and will need to jump through hoops to send it out to Beretta for repair.
I sent it back to Beretta. They basically told me that as long as the gun is firing consistently it’s working fine. Ended up selling the gun.

sorry, I’ve got no answers for you.