Triarc 1911's and 2011's - quality or hype?

David Mayeur

yea they dont advertise as much they have an instagram check some of their work! i as a customer reminded them about their rmr cuts on their 2011's they built mines first and then at the same time put the word out and the orders came flooding in..they were greatful for that..

triarc is one of those companies that takes care of their customes have high quality products and is valued by those who do business with them..

i have experience with other 1911's however this is the first 2011 i have owned and shot..if you believe STI to be a top 2011 manufacturer then you can make the comparison with the triarc as i have said some of their parts are drop in interchangable..i have not had one issue out of the box has been reliable and accurate no break in period not finicky with ammo even range reloads goes bang everytime the hammer falls..

they have a whole series on youtube about their company and the 2011 check them out

its a gun i would never sell..

1911's and 2011's are traditionally guns that do not have "drop in" parts. Stating that STI 2011 parts will drop into a gun that costs $3500, and is supposedly hand fit, is more upsetting than it is exciting. A lot of companies take care of their customers, so I see that more as something on the checklist than an improvement over others.

The reason I asked if you had experience with other 2011's is because without that there is nothing to compare to.

1911's and 2011's are traditionally guns that do not have "drop in" parts. Stating that STI 2011 parts will drop into a gun that costs $3500, and is supposedly hand fit, is more upsetting than it is exciting. A lot of companies take care of their customers, so I see that more as something on the checklist than an improvement over others.

The reason I asked if you had experience with other 2011's is because without that there is nothing to compare to.

it is hand fit all american steel! lol..and when i say interchangable things like a mag release, and i believe some other small parts like the slide release maybe the safety and hammer but not 100% sure on that..why would you as a customer be upset about having access to replacement or choice of different parts? seem strange..they also use the exact same magazines as STI for their 9mm and 45..

if you are upset with a 3500$ price tag for it then thats just your issue..mines over 4k with the rmr cut and rmr i got for it..and im not upset about it happy everytime i shoot it actually haha!

and if you want a hands on comparison guess you gotta look elsewhere the triarc 2011 is the only one i own..why do you think i specifically sought out their build when there were other options? its what I was lookin for as a customer and i was not disappointed..

David Mayeur

it is hand fit all american steel! lol..and when i say interchangable things like a mag release, and i believe some other small parts like the slide release maybe the safety and hammer but not 100% sure on that..why would you as a customer be upset about having access to replacement or choice of different parts? seem strange..they also use the exact same magazines as STI for their 9mm and 45..

if you are upset with a 3500$ price tag for it then thats just your issue..mines over 4k with the rmr cut and rmr i got for it..and im not upset about it happy everytime i shoot it actually haha!

and if you want a hands on comparison guess you gotta look elsewhere the triarc 2011 is the only one i own..why do you think i specifically sought out their build when there were other options? its what I was lookin for as a customer and i was not disappointed..
  1. If it's hand fit, it's not drop in.
  2. You said drop in, not interchangeable.
  3. If you need replacement parts on a hand fit pistol, it's going back to the maker.
  4. Most 2011's use STI 2011 magazines, unless they use MBX mags for a 2011.
  5. I'm not upset about the price. I'm asking why one would buy Triarc at $3500 when there are proven pistols in that price range.
  6. I asked if you had experience with other 2011's. A simple no would suffice.

1. If it's hand fit, it's not drop in.
  2. You said drop in, not interchangeable.
  3. If you need replacement parts on a hand fit pistol, it's going back to the maker.
  4. Most 2011's use STI 2011 magazines, unless they use MBX mags for a 2011.
  5. I'm not upset about the price. I'm asking why one would buy Triarc at $3500 when there are proven pistols in that price range.
  6. I asked if you had experience with other 2011's. A simple no would suffice.

well there is no point going back and forth with me about it you can contact them directly check out their website, instagram, and youtube series on their tri-11 or hey you can pick up the phone and even call them!

i bought mines and as a customer i am more than satisfied..that should be simple enuff..

Spiff034

I’ve shot multiple stock STIs and Triarcs (Triarc is local to me). I own a custom STI USPSA Limited build (Edge style in .40) and a 9mm SV Infinity for 3 gun. The Triarc is on par with with the custom STI build, which is nicer than a stock STI. Neither is as nice as an Infinity. They are all priced accordingly.

As to long term reliability, I can only speak to the two that I own, and those are fantastic as long as the mags are clean and the ammo is good.

The chambers customs and triarcs appear to be built on STI pattern parts, which will be great as long as they are set up correctly.

PM07

Staff member
@midnite1911
''company's track record..and their support of law enforcement agencies and military with their products''
Support as in donating to charity or support as in they are issued item?
What agency issues Triarc 2011? What Military unit issues Triarc 2011?

A company with a strong IG and YT following doesn't mean a whole lot other than have a strong social media push. I know Petty uses a Triarc AR15 I believe but beyond that.

@midnite1911
''company's track record..and their support of law enforcement agencies and military with their products''
Support as in donating to charity or support as in they are issued item?
What agency issues Triarc 2011? What Military unit issues Triarc 2011?

A company with a strong IG and YT following doesn't mean a whole lot other than have a strong social media push. I know Petty uses a Triarc AR15 I believe but beyond that.

leo agencies swat..have purchased their AR15 products and there are military personnel who attest to and support their products as well..i dont know what military contracts they have..

agencies that issue the tri-11 none that i know of its a new gun only a couple years old..they have a YouTube series on the gun if you care to watch it and then you can try one out for yourself..

Someone attesting and supporting a product is way different from an agency issuing it.

well the u.s marshalls special operations group went HAM and are making the STI 2011 in 9mm their new standard issue sidearm..the triarc is on par with a 9mm STI

serious question.

If it's on par, why is it $1000 more?

well every company has different price structures..i dont think a single stack nighthawk is worth as much as advertised id rather pay a similar price for a well built double stack in 45 which i did..

PM07

Staff member
I'm well aware that the SOG selected STI for their new pistols. The agency tested ,approved and will issue it. For the price it costs, it should be more than
'on par' with the STI gun. Again different from lots of IG pictures and videos or some Mil dude buying one and saying its good to go. If you like Tri-Arc more power to you. I'm entirely satisfied with my current STI so far.

Buck8154

STI
Vendor
I'm well aware that the SOG selected STI for their new pistols. The agency tested ,approved and will issue it. For the price it costs, it should be more than
'on par' with the STI gun. Again different from lots of IG pictures and videos or some Mil dude buying one and saying its good to go. If you like Tri-Arc more power to you. I'm entirely satisfied with my current STI so far.

Glad to hear you like your STI...we went through a lot of work with a few agencies to get our current leo guns where they are at today...almost all of that work has been in the last 16 months.

yup I like my triarc..STI cant get a threaded barrel with track rifling for my suppressor..

gskip33

Wow. Really seems like a dumpster fire here. I'll try to help.

Background: I've owned a STI Tactical 5.0, DVC 3 gun, DVC Limited, New Tactical 4.0, two custom 2011's, and I have played with/shot I don't know how many. Played with lots of Atlas's, Infinity's, various small shop customs, and a couple Triarc's (at Reactive Gunworks). I've probably put 20,000 rounds through a 2011 platform in the past two years. USPSA is fun and expensive.

Triarc's are good 2011's. Great slide to frame fit and you can tell they are custom fit. They are just custom 2011's tailored to the gucci glock crowd that has now slowly becoming the gucci 2011 crowd. Will they be $1500 better than a these new Staccatos? Eh. I wouldn't buy one. It's aesthetics and branding. If you dig it, great. If not, the STI won't hold you back. They are just custom 2011's built for the gucci tactical community. They certainly look good.

Personally, the Atlas's and Infinity's I have played with are much nicer than the Triarc (get out of here with Cerakote on a $3000 plus gun).

I think the "Track Rifling" is wasted on a pistol and not needed. A KKM bull barrel can get you 1 inch groups at 25 yards. A standard STI gets you 2 inch groups typically (sometimes smaller, sometimes bigger depending on you and your ammo).