Triarc 1911's and 2011's - quality or hype?

Hello everyone,

i'm considering a Triarc 2011, can anybody with experience/credibility on 1911's/2011's or Triarc give me any informed feedback on these guns? There seems to be no actual feedback on them, and i'd really appreciate some.
Thanks!

bcwood64

I keep seeing these pop up in Pop Culture. Garand Thumb posted some pictures on IG of one.

Maybe he has some insight?

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
Will Petty has been using them.

I have not seen any reviews of their guns.

I believe his "signature guns" are TRIARC products. Is that because they are totally legit? Quite possible. Is that because it's a business thing? Also quite possible.

David Mayeur

I believe his "signature guns" are TRIARC products. Is that because they are totally legit? Quite possible. Is that because it's a business thing? Also quite possible.

I'm not going to rush out and buy one, but I am curious to see what they are all about.

I have heard both good and bad things about their products.

the triarc is probably the best 2011 on the market fit and finish impeccable..the trigger is amazing the grip is slim and not bulky and thanks to me reminding them they offered rmr cuts on their guns now..i got the very first one they performed the rmr cut on..great company great guns!

David Mayeur

the triarc is probably the best 2011 on the market fit and finish impeccable..the trigger is amazing the grip is slim and not bulky and thanks to me reminding them they offered rmr cuts on their guns now..i got the very first one they performed the rmr cut on..great company great guns!

As compared to what?

The world of 2011's is as vast as the world of 1911's. I haven't seen much about Triarc 2011's outside of promotional material and comments such as yours. From what I've seen, they are well made, but you're paying a premium. The STI Stocatto P is around $2500 with a comparable TRI-11 in the realm of $3500. If we're talking a $1,000 difference, why not stack another grand on top of the TRI-11 and go custom?

chasnojm

I think we are all fans of Chambers Custom Nightfighter, but its sold out and an additional ~2300 dollars more. Not saying its not worth the additional casheesh and is probably the superior build. Now if we break it down to dollar per percent of performance over, that would be tricky to quantify. That being said, if you want the best, why settle?

As for Triarc, if it helps, I bought a Triarc Triloc (Wedgelock clone) for an SBR. I am very pleased with the quality I received from Triarc. If that is any indicator of craftsmanship.

I agree with the above that various internet personalities aren't gunsmiths. I'd also be willing to hedge a bet on Triarc will offer support/assistance if there isn't something up to code.

As compared to what?

The world of 2011's is as vast as the world of 1911's. I haven't seen much about Triarc 2011's outside of promotional material and comments such as yours. From what I've seen, they are well made, but you're paying a premium. The STI Stocatto P is around $2500 with a comparable TRI-11 in the realm of $3500. If we're talking a $1,000 difference, why not stack another grand on top of the TRI-11 and go custom?

o i got the triarc commander frame 45acp before i heard of the staccato and i recently looked into the staccato p host but they dont come with a factory threaded barrel option id have to get one made and fitted they said, and their custom shop is closed till spring 2020..(know anybody?)

the tri-11 is compatible with most if not all STI parts and offers more custom options from the factory than STI..i mean its just a well built well designed accurate gun well worth the good bit of coin i invested just in my opinion..

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
I am biased towards my Chambers Custom Nightfighter.
I feel like this was predictable, disappointing and non responsive to the OP’s question. How does it compare to the Triarc? What’s your experience with the Triarc to make that comparison?

I thought that’s the kind of content P&S strives to achieve. Not just I have something really cool that only 24 other people have.

David Mayeur

o i got the triarc commander frame 45acp before i heard of the staccato and i recently looked into the staccato p host but they dont come with a factory threaded barrel option id have to get one made and fitted they said, and their custom shop is closed till spring 2020..(know anybody?)

the tri-11 is compatible with most if not all STI parts and offers more custom options from the factory than STI..i mean its just a well built well designed accurate gun well worth the good bit of coin i invested just in my opinion..

The reason I ask is because there are many flavors of 2011. Triarc pricing is approaching that of buying into a gun built by Akai and Atlas. Triarc seems to cater more towards the high end LE/Mil user rather than competitors. The better question is what are you looking to get out of it?

Bullseye Accuracy, Unparalleled Reliability, with WML and RDS capability is what everyone wants, but it comes at a price.

The reason I ask is because there are many flavors of 2011. Triarc pricing is approaching that of buying into a gun built by Akai and Atlas. Triarc seems to cater more towards the high end LE/Mil user rather than competitors. The better question is what are you looking to get out of it?

Bullseye Accuracy, Unparalleled Reliability, with WML and RDS capability is what everyone wants, but it comes at a price.

i would say a triarc 2011 would be more in the combat realm rather than competition not saying it cant be used for competition but it leans the other way moreso..im not a gunsmith dont report myself to be one but all my guns are customized to a higher degree..

the tri-11 barrel is even their custom form of rifling they call it track rifling and it is very accurate..all of their tri-11's use sti magazines and have interchangable parts..i spent over 4-5k range on mines and would do it all over again..try one on you will like it!

https://dsgarms.com/pistols-tsr-tri-11-45-com-full-blk-exe

Chriscanbreach

Established
Shill much? What experience do you base the combat application of a five thousand dollar 1911/ 2011 on? Ggammell I absolutely agree with your post. I do have to laugh that some dude joins the day the OP posts his question and shills for the company.
Sorry OP I have no experience with that brand of 2011 just felt like venting about the silliness.

Shill much? What experience do you base the combat application of a five thousand dollar 1911/ 2011 on? Ggammell I absolutely agree with your post. I do have to laugh that some dude joins the day the OP posts his question and shills for the company.
Sorry OP I have no experience with that brand of 2011 just felt like venting about the silliness.

hmm id say based on the company's track record..and their support of law enforcement agencies and military with their products..

you do realize the OP question was in janruary of 2019 rite? i kinda revived the thread..i got help with my question in my thread so i just thought id return the favor as being someone and as the only person in this thread who actually owns and who has shot a tri-11..and its a very nice shooter 12 flush fitting rounds of 45acp in a commander frame is a good thing..

but dont let me stop you from venting do your thang man..lol

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I feel like this was predictable, disappointing and non responsive to the OP’s question. How does it compare to the Triarc? What’s your experience with the Triarc to make that comparison?

I thought that’s the kind of content P&S strives to achieve. Not just I have something really cool that only 24 other people have.

OP said "can anybody with experience/credibility on 1911's/2011's" My 2011 has greatly changed my view.

David Mayeur

hmm id say based on the company's track record..and their support of law enforcement agencies and military with their products..

you do realize the OP question was in janruary of 2019 rite? i kinda revived the thread..i got help with my question in my thread so i just thought id return the favor as being someone and as the only person in this thread who actually owns and who has shot a tri-11..and its a very nice shooter 12 flush fitting rounds of 45acp in a commander frame is a good thing..

but dont let me stop you from venting do your thang man..lol

What is their track record? There is not much information on them.

It's difficult to go ahead with the purchase of a $3500 pistol from a relatively unknown manufacturer when there are proven pistols in the same price range from makers like Nighthawk, Akai, Atlas, Hayes, and STI. The OP is questioning Triarc's quality. If you were the only person here with Triarc experience, can you elaborate on what makes Triarc stand out from other 2011's? Do you have experience with other 2011's?

What is their track record? There is not much information on them.

It's difficult to go ahead with the purchase of a $3500 pistol from a relatively unknown manufacturer when there are proven pistols in the same price range from makers like Nighthawk, Akai, Atlas, Hayes, and STI. The OP is questioning Triarc's quality. If you were the only person here with Triarc experience, can you elaborate on what makes Triarc stand out from other 2011's? Do you have experience with other 2011's?

yea they dont advertise as much they have an instagram check some of their work! i as a customer reminded them about their rmr cuts on their 2011's they built mines first and then at the same time put the word out and the orders came flooding in..they were greatful for that..

triarc is one of those companies that takes care of their customes have high quality products and is valued by those who do business with them..

i have experience with other 1911's however this is the first 2011 i have owned and shot..if you believe STI to be a top 2011 manufacturer then you can make the comparison with the triarc as i have said some of their parts are drop in interchangable..i have not had one issue out of the box has been reliable and accurate no break in period not finicky with ammo even range reloads goes bang everytime the hammer falls..

they have a whole series on youtube about their company and the 2011 check them out

its a gun i would never sell..