Training next steps?

Hey guys — I'm looking for advice from those more experienced myself on next steps in my training. I'm 23, and I've only been actively shooting handguns and carrying since 2015. My wife is in PA school, so budget for ammo and classes has been a little constrained, and I'm not spending money on gear and guns right now. I've taken two classes, defensive handgun from Solo Defense and MDFI YSINTG. I can squeeze budget for about a class every year, so wanted some input on what direction to take my training. Practice has been mostly limited to dot torture due to ammo constraints.

I'm in Georgia, so I have considered heading over to take a Frank Proctor class in Alabama or doing Sage Dynamics two day handgun. I don't think I'm ready from a mindset/experience standpoint to hop into a VCQB class, although I know I need one at some point. What are your thoughts and "wish I had worked on that sooner" suggestions?

Thanks y'all.

treehopr

I'd suggest going to a school heavily focused on the mechanics of shooting. Especially one that has blocks of instruction on how to practice safely on your own including dry fire practice. Some of the best pistol instruction I've received came from instructors with a similar background, e.g. Paul Howe, Larry Vickers, Tigerswan (now The Range Complex)