training in or near Jacksonville FL?

tmoore

The mother of a good friend of mine is about to purchase her first pistol for concealed carry, im helping her out as far as guidelines as to what she should be looking for and avoiding in a pistol, and Im also making it a point to stress to her that good training is probably more important than the particular flavor of weapon she chooses to buy. they live in Jacksonville FL and I live in NH so I have no idea who is around there for reputable instructors. help from you gentlemen on that front would be appreciated.

thanks!

I'd definitely recommend Gun Gallery. Not only do they have a large selection of quality firearms, but they also have a lot of range guns to try out. They are also very training oriented and take training very seriously, you will be hard pressed to find any other shop in the state that has more training hours (from reputable instructors) than their employees as a whole.

tmoore

I'd definitely recommend Gun Gallery. Not only do they have a large selection of quality firearms, but they also have a lot of range guns to try out. They are also very training oriented and take training very seriously, you will be hard pressed to find any other shop in the state that has more training hours (from reputable instructors) than their employees as a whole.

that is actually the exact shop i recommended. I am aware that they are a well respected establishment but i wasn't 100% on what they offered for training. thanks for the advice!

beyond

The mother of a good friend of mine is about to purchase her first pistol for concealed carry, im helping her out as far as guidelines as to what she should be looking for and avoiding in a pistol, and Im also making it a point to stress to her that good training is probably more important than the particular flavor of weapon she chooses to buy. they live in Jacksonville FL and I live in NH so I have no idea who is around there for reputable instructors. help from you gentlemen on that front would be appreciated.

thanks!

Sorry to bring this up from the dead, but, I'll second the gun gallery recommendation. If you're on primary and secondary then Gun Gallery is your kind of store, just follow their instagram and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Gun Gallery hosts a lot of the big name instructors, D4, Sentinel, LAV, etc. which is probably a bit overkill for a new shooter, my point though is that the GG folks know what is going on training wise. If you ask about it in the store they have a mailing list that goes out every couple of months with what classes are coming to town etc. They will also set up one on one instruction, the actual owner of GG is an older woman who teaches, and can make things less intimidating for a new shooter.

Local to Jacksonville are Jared Reston and Brian Canova (Who took over EAG from Pat Rogers) that regularly run classes. Just up the road in Bruswick is Telluric Group, which is worth a look too.

Payback

A solid location for more than indoor, stand and deliver, target practice is Ancient City Shooting Range down the road in St Augustine. This is where a lot of the Gun Gallery hosted training takes place.