Tom Dyer Murdered in Amarillo

hooahmedic

It was suggested from someone on LF to cross post it here as well.
Tom was very active in LF as Warpee years back and then went over to Fb when the exodus began from LF.

Tom was a former Air Force Security Police Officer and a retired Fed who served with DOE and NNSA. He was a firearms instructor, on the PSD detail for the DOE secretary and a sniper with NNSA. He served for 31 years as a Federal Agent.

Tom saw someone breaking into his back yard and went to confront them. Its not known how it went down but very shortly after stepping into the alley
he was shot one time and died in the dirt of the alley. Tom was older but knew how to handle himself and this has kinda thrown us. Amarillo can be a rough town. It has one of the highest crime rates per capita in Texas. He lived in a nicer area of town but close to a commercial district. His funeral was today and it was well attended by many family and friends. To include many former mil and LEO's.

Amarillo PD has no suspects at this time.

The second link is for donations. He had a life insurance as a fed but its going to take awhile to get it all lined out. The funeral expenses will wipe out their savings. They are eligible for compensations through Amarillo and Texas AG's office but that will take some time as well. If you are inclined to donate, it will go along ways to help the family get through.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/37776372/amarillo-police-investigate-fatal-shooting-in-south-amarillo

https://www.youcaring.com/tomdyer-1...ject_map=[1881404851877898]&action_type_map=["youcaringcom%3Ashare"%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Tom was a good man. A loyal friend, had a deep love of his country and a strong faithful Christian. He will be missed.

Caomhin

It was suggested from someone on LF to cross post it here as well.
Tom was very active in LF as Warpee years back and then went over to Fb when the exodus began from LF.

Tom was a former Air Force Security Police Officer and a retired Fed who served with DOE and NNSA. He was a firearms instructor, on the PSD detail for the DOE secretary and a sniper with NNSA. He served for 31 years as a Federal Agent.

Tom saw someone breaking into his back yard and went to confront them. Its not known how it went down but very shortly after stepping into the alley
he was shot one time and died in the dirt of the alley. Tom was older but knew how to handle himself and this has kinda thrown us. Amarillo can be a rough town. It has one of the highest crime rates per capita in Texas. He lived in a nicer area of town but close to a commercial district. His funeral was today and it was well attended by many family and friends. To include many former mil and LEO's.

Amarillo PD has no suspects at this time.

The second link is for donations. He had a life insurance as a fed but its going to take awhile to get it all lined out. The funeral expenses will wipe out their savings. They are eligible for compensations through Amarillo and Texas AG's office but that will take some time as well. If you are inclined to donate, it will go along ways to help the family get through.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/37776372/amarillo-police-investigate-fatal-shooting-in-south-amarillo

https://www.youcaring.com/tomdyer-1...ject_map=[1881404851877898]&action_type_map=["youcaringcom%3Ashare"%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Tom was a good man. A loyal friend, had a deep love of his country and a strong faithful Christian. He will be missed.

Damn...

Godspeed, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sine Metu

I was talking about this the other day with an OST guy from Amarillo. Small world.

God speed.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

DocGKR

Dr.Ballistics
Staff member
Tom was generous with his wisdom and kind to those in need; his camaraderie will be missed, but not forgotten.

Although anything can happen, suicide does not make sense to me based on what little I know. This is the first I have heard of this theory.

hooahmedic

I'm making some gentle inquires.
I don't see it. The attack bothered me as we all know Tom was a fighter. The scene as described to me, doesn't speak of suicide plus along with the chest seal cover I found, not a typical place for a suicide.
Parts do not add up but I'm trying very hard to not draw conclusions.

hooahmedic

Nope. No way. Just got off the phone.
Family doesn't have a death certificate.

Oh and...if anyone has any stroke with OPM...they stopped Tom's retirement salary payment, leaving family in a huge lurch, OPM needs to be given a
serious yank.

hooahmedic

Molon,
APD has not made any determinations, autopsy is not complete, there is no death certificate and it appears Tom had a defensive wound and his pistol was found several feet away. For the life of me, I can't imagine how this took life.

Eutychus

It has been a while since my friend left us. What's da poop? Anything new to learn? Has anyone signed the death certificate yet? I cannot believe there was discussion of suicide. Such an assertion is laughable!

BrokenLeg

I just stumbled across this post, and I wanna say it's hard to deal with when someone dies, especially if the person was murdered. My friend, who recently joined police forces, was also murdered recently, and I'm afraid that even time can't heal.

TxDante

I just stumbled across this post, and I wanna say it's hard to deal with when someone dies, especially if the person was murdered. My friend, who recently joined police forces, was also murdered recently, and I'm afraid that even time can't heal.
Helluva necro. OP was my dad. He passed 10/31/20 LOD (covid). The loss hurts every day. Can't imagine what you're going through. If anyone comes across the post again to the best of my knowledge the case is still cold I'm planning on calling APD when I can and if there's an update I'll post it here

Lobsterclaw207

Helluva necro. OP was my dad. He passed 10/31/20 LOD (covid). The loss hurts every day. Can't imagine what you're going through. If anyone comes across the post again to the best of my knowledge the case is still cold I'm planning on calling APD when I can and if there's an update I'll post it here
You mean Warpee was your dad? The OP is Hooahmedic, and you quoted BrokenLeg, so it's slightly confusing. Sorry for your loss and hopefully justice gets served... keep us posted.