Thunder Ranch Inquiry

If you have been to a class at Thunder Ranch OR, I would like to know about it. Preferably if Clint Smith taught the class. Pros / cons. Was it worth your money over all, and if not then please list enough of your prior training or work related as a result of this.

I simply want to know if it was worth your while. I have only taken two CHL classes and been put through an RSO class, as well as a Hunters Ed class (as dumbed down of a firearms class as it gets for the general public), due to previous employment. I have taught myself more than what a general minimal handgun or rifle class would generally teach, but I understand a Class I would be required for a Class II tiering.

Ryan St.Jean

I have taught myself more than what a general minimal handgun or rifle class would generally teach, but I understand a Class I would be required for a Class II tiering.

Admittedly I don’t know you background, you could be a career SOF nco or major department swat cop but it doesn’t sound like it.

I’m not trying to be mean but you don’t know what you don’t know. People who are ‘self taught’ generally don’t have a clue what they are doing.

Admittedly basic classes vary widely. You probably do not need a ‘this is a handgun...’ 3 hour afternoon class at a local range. However a multi day handgun class from a reputable instructor/ school will teach you a ton.

Take that class or a comparable one. You won’t be disappointed.

Admittedly I don’t know you background, you could be a career SOF nco or major department swat cop but it doesn’t sound like it.

I’m not trying to be mean but you don’t know what you don’t know. People who are ‘self taught’ generally don’t have a clue what they are doing.

Admittedly basic classes vary widely. You probably do not need a ‘this is a handgun...’ 3 hour afternoon class at a local range. However a multi day handgun class from a reputable instructor/ school will teach you a ton.

Take that class or a comparable one. You won’t be disappointed.

That's what I wanted to make sure. I wanted to know that the multi-day was well worth my time and held way more than an afternoon class. Thank you.