Thoughts on Hesco 3600 and 3610?

Dr. Cornwallis

Does anyone have any knowledge or thoughts on these plates?

The fact that they're padded on the back and triple curve seems pretty appealing along with being extremely light weight and also reasonably priced. I will be putting these into either a Crye JPC 2.0 or an SKD/First Spear STT Carrier.

Use will be mostly for training and shoot houses, so they could be worn for long periods. I also plan to keep these on the engine or rescue with me to be worn under bunker gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizzly

I've got a set of the 3610s. They are very comfortable, light and have a great threat protection range. They are thick though ~1.1". By the time you throw a row of mags on the front you start getting pretty bulky. Not sure I'd want to layer under even more stuff. They are not at all concealable if that matters. Under a uniform shirt you have a giant outline of the plate showing. Not sure what "bunker" gear entails exactly but it could alter the fit of gear worn over the plates.

When I got them there wasn't a plate in my opinion that beat them in the same price range. But, if I was buying again today I'd be taking a hard look at the STOP plates from AT Armor. Nearly the same weight, threat protection and they are half the thickness. If price isn't an issue the STOP-BZ, Hesco U210 or Velocity BZ plates are even better protection and/or weight.

Dr. Cornwallis

I've got a set of the 3610s. They are very comfortable, light and have a great threat protection range. They are thick though ~1.1". By the time you throw a row of mags on the front you start getting pretty bulky. Not sure I'd want to layer under even more stuff. They are not at all concealable if that matters. Under a uniform shirt you have a giant outline of the plate showing. Not sure what "bunker" gear entails exactly but it could alter the fit of gear worn over the plates.

When I got them there wasn't a plate in my opinion that beat them in the same price range. But, if I was buying again today I'd be taking a hard look at the STOP plates from AT Armor. Nearly the same weight, threat protection and they are half the thickness. If price isn't an issue the STOP-BZ, Hesco U210 or Velocity BZ plates are even better protection and/or weight.

Thanks Grizzly. The bunker gear is fairly loose, loose enough that I could fit a bare PC under it. With your 3610's, is a large portion of the thickness the padding that's attached to them? The U210's also look very nice, however I don't see them for sale anywhere unless perhaps Mike at AT can special order them? Depending on price I would be interested in them as well.

Grizzly

Thanks Grizzly. The bunker gear is fairly loose, loose enough that I could fit a bare PC under it. With your 3610's, is a large portion of the thickness the padding that's attached to them? The U210's also look very nice, however I don't see them for sale anywhere unless perhaps Mike at AT can special order them? Depending on price I would be interested in them as well.

The U210s aren't cheap. I want to say when I priced them they were around 900-1000 each but that has been a year or two. But I've fondled them and they fall in to the "stupid thin and light" catagory. I haven't yet held the VS API-BZ plates or ATArmor StopBZ plates to compare though.

The padding I'd say is roughly 1/3 of the over all thickness. It is bulky but does make them extra comfortable on top of the triple curve for wearing for long periods. Riding in a car they are great. Going prone... they are pretty thick especially with any mags or such in front of them. Not knocking them, they are great plates. I made a choice to roll with the extra thickness to gain in the weight, protection and price catagory. Definitely a great plate in my little opinion if being skinny isn't a top priority.