The Truck Gun

Longeye

Established
Pretty much.

I do have duplicates. They are not 1:1 but similar layout.

I have standardized on the AR and M&P .40. Regardless of where I am- house, shop, vehicle, or agency; the mags, ammo, and manual of arms will be at least compatible. My armorer's box has AR and M&P spares. Period. Logistics are much easier to stay on top of that way. Same story for holsters. Variety of brands and models depending on purpose but they all fit M&P .40- some w/ and some w/o X300U.

I am never stuck in the quandary of having a 1911, but only .40 ammo, or only spare Glock mags at the alternate place that I am out of ammo or mags at. Or whatever. I never have to wake up and remember how the safety works on this particular gun. I don't have to worry about differing holds or POA/POI as each has identical sights, and 50/200 zeroes.

The only difference there ever is, is how they are loaded. When in bear country, the M&P .40 will have hot solids inside. Otherwise, it is all Gold Dots.

Truck gun, house gun, trail gun, whatever gun, all the same guns. The name just refers to whatever location that particular gun is at right now.

One other logistic thing is that I always have one or more identical ready gun this way. I can have one in the middle of some kind of armorer work, and still have options if I need to go RFN with a pistol or carbine.

Darth Tater

What are guys using for security options in POVs?
POV-wise, I normally only carry my carry gun(s), so they leave the vehicle with me.
When I travel in a rental for a match (3 gun), if I leave the guns in the car (store, restaurant, etc) they're in a locked hard case cable-locked to one of the child seat restraint anchor points, with carry gun on me.

Longeye

Established
Concealment. My rides do not have any IFF on them. Generally, a look in the window will not reveal guns or nylon or other indicators of a LE background or armed citizen sympathies.

Nothing else of value visible, factory sound system, in an older vehicle. If it was anymore humble, it would be a Buick.