The Roland Special

Default.mp3

Established
Have not done it... yet.
I would be quite interested in what you find. Also, does anyone have a lead on who makes a good 9mm comp threaded for 13.5×1 LH? I have some OEM P30L threaded barrels, and this seems much more useful than a pistol can...

adam_s

Semi-Sidetrack: Doc, how do you like the Salient magwell on the G19? I'm a huge fan of the Sentinel G17 well, but the G19 version has remained vaporware...

Tracer

Amateur
For anyone that has made a "Roland Special", is there difference on the base platform between a G19 or G19 gen 4?

DocGKR

Dr.Ballistics
Staff member
We had some functional issues with the stock "C" models. The only issue with the KKM comp is if the small bolts on the comp come loose...

Matt

Staff member
You didn't miss anything, Riafdnal is playing "I got a secret" by dangling this blaster out in front of the world and not answering specific questions about it. ;) The most I have been able to get out of him is that a Ghost 3.5# connector is involved. I am thinking that is probably it though because there is not really much more to do to a Glock other than swapping a connector without fucking shit up.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
mine has no internal adjustments. Roland's however as more and that's why I haven't commented. I was waiting for him to fill in the blanks

DocGKR

Dr.Ballistics
Staff member
I don't know anything about the Roland pistol, but ours have all Glock OEM internal parts and use a "-" connector. Obviously they have KKM barrels, VTAC/Salient mag wells, Taran Tactical mag base plates, suppressor height BIS, and the RMR06's added.

regdudedrtyjob

10-4, even stock Glock triggers feel amazing to me after using the LEM trigger. I'm drooling thinking of having a RS in my work holster.

Negaard

I just recently went to an rmr on my 17 and love it. I think it's time to upgrade the old 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default.mp3

Established
Given that the compensator would probably make shooting from retention quite difficult, especially if using a thumb pectoral index, do most people think this set-up is viable for civilian self-defense? I get the feeling that while this set up would be quite awesome in the role envisioned by The Gunslinger, I'm not too sure about for us every day folk that aren't in his ka-tet, actively hunting armed opponents.