The Roland Special

It's very subtle, but I found that with the Gen 5 and the minus connector, there's even less of a wall in the trigger pull and more of a rolling trigger. Some like that, some don't. The "." dot disconnector is fine as well. I don't mess with the striker or plunger springs.
Thanks brother gonna give it a shot at around with it see what feels best

Bumping this question.

It’s a bit off-topic for a Glock RS but after testing it in one of my comped P320s I liked the DPM system so much I bought one for each of my P320s
I saw that and it sparked my interest... Just not sure if the juice would be worth the squeeze.

Here's my victim... I mean project.

c8574a71efc0ed91f83ab4e14b10be1d.jpg

And for anyone curious, I built this one up from a bare OEM Gen3 frame:

Zev Tech Duty Slide
Zev Tech Pro Compact Magwell
Overwatch Precision TAC trigger
Overwatch Precision striker
KKM barrel and comp
Trijicon RM06
Ameriglo GL-429 irons
Tau Development SCD, "the Gadget"
Surefire X300U-A
Phlster ARC Switches
My own DIY Stippling and frame work
OEM recoil spring and guts

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I saw that and it sparked my interest... Just not sure if the juice would be worth the squeeze.

Generally speaking as long as you’re getting solid reliability out of your build with the stock RSA, it’s probably better not to jump into messing with spring weights. If you want a little softer recoil you should try running hotter ammo first. If you do go down the path of adjusting the recoil spring, use a kit from a manufacturer like DPM that has done the engineering and tuning to make sure the gun will maintain proper function with their springs and don’t try to cut coils or change any of the other springs in the gun - it can spiral out of control pretty quickly when you go down that rabbit hole.

Nice build!

Last edited:

Generally speaking as long as you’re getting solid reliability out of your build with the stock RSA, it’s probably better not to jump into messing with spring weights. If you want a little softer recoil you should try running hotter ammo first. If you do go down the path of adjusting the recoil spring, use a kit from a manufacturer like DPM that has done the engineering and tuning to make sure the gun will maintain proper function with their springs and don’t try to cut coils or change any of the other springs in the gun - it can spiral out of control pretty quickly when you go down that rabbit hole.

Nice build!

Thank you!

I run it with 124gr NATO and carry 124gr +P HST. I don't "need" more recoil dampening but I'd take it if it was simple and reliable. For now I'll probably leave it alone... Ammo is too expensive right now to mess around with tuning springs.

Default.mp3

Established
Has anyone tried the Federal SynTech 150 gr. through an RS? Does it cycle consistently? I'm pretty leery, but you never know.

skyvin

Has anyone tried the Federal SynTech 150 gr. through an RS? Does it cycle consistently? I'm pretty leery, but you never know.

I shot 10 rounds a while back with a stock RSA and they all cycled. I wanted to test more, but wasn’t willing to use up the ammo as it’s mainly for matches.

The RSA was sitting right around the 5k mark, if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan3

I‘ve been looking at this setup for years. I tried to build one a while back, but the aftermarket slide I bought cause a lot of issues. So I bought a “factory” ready option form Shadow Systems. Tossed a comp, RDS and TTI mag extension on it. I’m moving most of my pistols over to dots, so I’m sure a couple will end up in this same config! Can’t post a photo as they are too large.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User

Excellent setup! With your prior aftermarket solution, you were probably running into tolerance stacking issues. Since the MR920 is designed and assembled as a complete firearm and quality control is done on those particular components together, it would almost certainly be a more reliable base than buying a slide from company A, barrel from company B, etc

Ryan3

Excellent setup! With your prior aftermarket solution, you were probably running into tolerance stacking issues. Since the MR920 is designed and assembled as a complete firearm and quality control is done on those particular components together, it would almost certainly be a more reliable base than buying a slide from company A, barrel from company B, etc

agreed. Unfortunately it was the slide. I replaced everything on the gun , even the frame ! Still gave me fits. So it’s a paperweight now, and that Glock 19 has a factory slide back on it ! Either way I bought 2 MR920s and put RDS on both. Really like the platform, and that they are local to me.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
agreed. Unfortunately it was the slide. I replaced everything on the gun , even the frame ! Still gave me fits. So it’s a paperweight now, and that Glock 19 has a factory slide back on it ! Either way I bought 2 MR920s and put RDS on both. Really like the platform, and that they are local to me.

How do you like the feel of the MR920 in comparison to a stock G19? Does it feel like just a highly modified G19 or something entirely different?