Zev Pro Comp V2
Zev Combat Sights
Trijicon RM07
Surefire X300UA
Zev Pro Trigger
Agency Mag Release
Agency Mag Well

weezee

I don't mean to necropost, but I figure this would be a fitting thread to post the question vs starting a new one.

I know the "recipe" for a Roland Special calls for a KKM comped barrel, but considering the reported improvements in accuracy on the current gen 5 glock barrels, would it be viable to stick with an OEM threaded gen 5 barrel?

I'm not one to cheap out, and definitely don't mind saving for a little longer to get something. I just tend to stick to OEM parts as much as I can if for nothing else than reliability.

Has anyone been able to see any huge differences between the current gen 5 barrels and the KKM? I'm sure even the factory gen 5 barrel will still be more accurate than I am.

tylerw02

I don't mean to necropost, but I figure this would be a fitting thread to post the question vs starting a new one.

I know the "recipe" for a Roland Special calls for a KKM comped barrel, but considering the reported improvements in accuracy on the current gen 5 glock barrels, would it be viable to stick with an OEM threaded gen 5 barrel?

I'm not one to cheap out, and definitely don't mind saving for a little longer to get something. I just tend to stick to OEM parts as much as I can if for nothing else than reliability.

Has anyone been able to see any huge differences between the current gen 5 barrels and the KKM? I'm sure even the factory gen 5 barrel will still be more accurate than I am.

How would you get the comp on it? You’d also be changing comps to a standard thread pitch. Which there is a reason why KKM uses a different thread pitch for comped barrels vs non-comp’ed barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake27

Never shot Gen 5 stock next to Gen 5 KKM so I’m not sure, but Chuck has said that the Gen 5 barrel is good enough that it’s mostly pointless to put a match grade barrel in before the stock barrel is shot out IIRC.

pointblank4445

Established

I had a lemon of a barrel in one of my Gen 5's (19X). Nobody could get it to group worth a damn with high-end 124gr or 147gr. I replaced it with a KKM. For the most part the Gen 5's are better but you don't know till you know. Typical Glock.

weezee

How would you get the comp on it? You’d also be changing comps to a standard thread pitch. Which there is a reason why KKM uses a different thread pitch for comped barrels vs non-comp’ed barrels.

I assumed it would be possible to buy the comp from KKM separately without the barrel, but it's not something I asked them yet. As far as the thread pitch, I see both the OEM and the KKM threaded barrels have 1/2 x 28 threads.

KKM Threaded Barrel
OEM Threaded Barrel

The link to the KKM barrel above is to a threaded barrel sans compensator. I'm going off the assumption that KKM uses the same thread pitch for their compensated barrel as their threaded barrels, but I could be entirely wrong. I read through the description of their compensated barrel, but saw no mention of thread pitch.

@Wake27 and @pointblank4445, I only have experience with one Gen 5 19 MOS. So far it shoots great as far as I can tell. I will admit I haven't really scientifically measured its accuracy vs other similar handguns I fired, I noticed that my groupings were a little tighter. Whether that's the barrel, trigger, sights, or a combination of all the above I don't know.

ETA: I reread your post and see that they do in fact use a different thread pitch for comped barrels. Interesting, I wonder what the reasoning is.

user12358

ETA: I reread your post and see that they do in fact use a different thread pitch for comped barrels. Interesting, I wonder what the reasoning is.

They use a different thread pitch because a 1/2x28 or M13.5x1LH is for suppressor usage and there needs to be stand off so the can does not come into contact with the guide rod on most tilting barrel designs. The comp threads are shorter and cut much closer to the slide so that you can have significantly more working volume of comp for the same length added to the gun.

Inkslinger

They use a different thread pitch because a 1/2x28 or M13.5x1LH is for suppressor usage and there needs to be stand off so the can does not come into contact with the guide rod on most tilting barrel designs. The comp threads are shorter and cut much closer to the slide so that you can have significantly more working volume of comp for the same length added to the gun.

KKM’s comped barrels use 9/16X32 threads.

Brad Trittipo

My ZevTech barrel was threaded for a suppressor and I had no issues installing the Primary Machine Comp. Thread the comp until it hits the slide, rotate back out until aligned, tighten set screws and use VibraTite and no issues with slide impact or recoil guide impact.

Petr.T

I learned about Roland special concept from P&S and felt in love. But here in czech we dont have so many options for accesories or barrels like you have in US. But I made my own Roland and love it. Its Glock 19 MOS, with Vortex Viper, ZEV comp, ZEV magwell, surefire X-300U, Ghost edgeconector and of course Overwatch precision trigger - polymer flat.
89338097_121747356075442_7785940113170628608_n.jpg

Iam sure this has been answered I apologize if Iam beating a dead horse but Iam curious if I need to do any internal spring and connector swaps or can I run the roland with all stock gen 5 Glock internals ? Trying to get it to shoot as flat as possible but I will be carrying it and don’t really need it to be competition tuned.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
You can run it with stock internals. You can make some changes though if you wish.

The biggest thing to make sure it runs is make sure you aren’t using powder puff ammo. bulk box 115gr isn’t going to do it. Quality 124 likely will. +p and 147 will run.

pointblank4445

Established
Been running my Gen 5 "Roland" with stock Glock internals and it will handle anything down to a 115 Win white box surprisingly enough with the KKM comp, but the RSA is plenty worn in at this point.

In regards to tuning a gen 5 Iam looking to add Wolff reduced plunger spring 4.5 striker spring and a Glock oem minus 4.5 connector has anyone ran into or heard any problems with those particular changes thanks for the help guys

Attachments

• 2F82F9F5-BF7B-421A-B326-600C9BFA64A8.jpeg
    2F82F9F5-BF7B-421A-B326-600C9BFA64A8.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 30

pointblank4445

Established
It's very subtle, but I found that with the Gen 5 and the minus connector, there's even less of a wall in the trigger pull and more of a rolling trigger. Some like that, some don't. The "." dot disconnector is fine as well. I don't mess with the striker or plunger springs.