The Roland Special

EKinOR

Amateur
Vendor
Rumor is Glock will be coming out with G17 and G19 slides pre-milled, like the G34 version now available.

N

nate89

The Glock website shows 8.81" as the slide length for the 34.

DocGKR

Dr.Ballistics
Staff member
A G19 with KKM comp fits perfectly in G34 holsters, including ALS and JM Custom AIWB.

Runcible

Runcible Works
Staff member
Vendor
I believe that Roland mentioned there were some minor fit issues with G19's and KKM's into G34 holsters, but not enough to prevent the safe carry of one within the other. I believe this is reflected in Scimitar 2's picture where we can see that the KKM is much more square-cut at the fore, then the beveled nose of the G34. I presented the question poorly in the initial, in thinking it was a matter of length instead of a matter of shape.

Matt

Staff member
That sounds about right. The KKM is the same width as the rest of the slide area, so... yeah more square just like you said.

adam_s

I just put an order in with KKM for a G19 Comp'ed barrel. Looks like I'll be joining the Roland club as well.

Matt

Staff member
Has anybody had to change out RSA to make them run reliably?

No need to swap RSA that I've seen now that I have more time on it. The only way I was able to get mine to choke is by running it bone dry (no lube) and shooting standard pressure 147gr ammo (about 900 fps). When lubed properly it runs.

Dan_Kemp

Amateur
Question, a sorta-local GS has the factory suppressor setup G19 (threaded barrel, tall sights) available. Is it worth starting with one of those to get the correct iron sights versus getting a standard 19 and changing the sights? I figure the barrel is going to get ditched either way.

MustangLT

VIP
I considered the same. When I did the math, at least around here, it was cheaper to go with the standard G19 and have the sights added later. But it depends on cost difference.

Dan_Kemp

Amateur
Then of course the follow on question is "Are the OEM suppressor height sights tall enough to clear the optic or is another brand used?"

MustangLT

VIP
That I don't know. I had the ameriGlo Black suppressor sights installed. One Google page tells me the G19 w/ threaded barrel and suppressor sights are ameriglo.

Slim

Jerk Ingredients Off
Staff member
Sent my g19 slide and rmr off to ATEi last monday, never thought I'd be sporting an optic on a pistol either. Looking forward to giving it a try tho! In the mean time, frame work in progress,

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk