The Roland Special | Page 18 | Primary & Secondary

The Roland Special

Discussion in 'Notable Options' started by Riafdnal, Apr 28, 2015.

1. ggammell

ggammell Member

I want to say it was a couple inches which is what caught my attention. I probably wouldn't have blinked at 1" high at 15.

I'm not going to play the find the right front sight game. It's a fun fun so to speak. I'll be using the RMR about 101% of the time.

Citpitch likes this.
  2. Abusek

Abusek Newbie

I change it more often than I should but a A sheet 9"x33" cost coat me approx $10

Sunshine_Shooter likes this.
  3. B0308

B0308 Amateur

I've had my G19 all set, RMR06 and suppressor sights (done by L&M). Shot like a laser at 10 and well and on target at 15, though not as tight as at 10.

Got the KKM barrel & Comp on Saturday (ordered end of Feb) installed it and hit the range today. Damn the first shot felt dramatically different, really flattened out the recoil impulse. Targets at 10 yards were tight and all X &10, 115, 124 or 147 gr. Then 15 yards, and as noted I was shooting high, some as far out at the 7 ring but most 9 and in.

Think I'm going to re-sight at 15 yards and see how the groups hold at 25. Thanks for the info.

4. B0308

B0308 Amateur

Re-zeroed at 15 yards today. The right answer for me. Ran through 115, 124 & 147gr practice rounds and all (except when I bitch-slapped the trigger on two occasions) were all in X or 10 ring of a B8 target. Same at 23 yards (as far as the indoor range went) with 124 & 147gr shots.

Next session is set for 124 & 147 GD and some aging 147gr CorBon. I expect good results.

5. About to send my slide off to ATEi, just wanted to know from those with and without the top serrations if it is worth it. Definitely going with the enhanced front and rear serrations but didn't know if the top serrations were worth the extra money or not.

6. ggammell

ggammell Member

I look at them as an emergency oh shit way of gaining leverage when using an object to rack the slide instead of using the RMR. Racking by hand, I still grab towards the rear (against the RMR). So kind of like insurance for the RMR.

Big_Phil likes this.
  7. Xhado

Xhado Newbie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Abusek and Sunshine_Shooter like this.
  8. 22Mike

22Mike Newbie

How did that GD work for you? I'm considering switching over from 147gr HST

12/5

9. Thanks for giving us such a detailed information! this is what every man must be aware of!