The CZ P-09

Question for you on your Dawson’s, is it shooting high for you? At 25 y, I’m almost 5” high with some loads. I dunno if it’s just slow reloads or if I need to change sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm using these sights and they are not high with 135 or 125gr reloads (blue bullets)

CZ P09 Fiber Optic Front Sights
.155" Tall x .100"

CZ P09 Fixed Competition Black Rear Sights
.205" Tall x .125"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tylerw02

Next day I have off I am going to give Dawson a call for a replacement.

bigfug

Amateur

Here is a good video about good basic mods of the CZ P-09 and explained by our own SME Steve Fisher.

I have one and have milled it for an RMR. Mine was birthday gift from fantastic friends. I like it more than my G34. I also have the extended mags from the CZ Custom shop for it. Definitely get the Cajun Gun Works kit for it. It was a godsend when I was using it for Shivworks ECQC shooting from concealment drills. I installed it my myself.

Holster mfr?

tylerw02

Here is a good video about good basic mods of the CZ P-09 and explained by our own SME Steve Fisher.

I have one and have milled it for an RMR. Mine was birthday gift from fantastic friends. I like it more than my G34. I also have the extended mags from the CZ Custom shop for it. Definitely get the Cajun Gun Works kit for it. It was a godsend when I was using it for Shivworks ECQC shooting from concealment drills. I installed it my myself.

Holster mfr?

Looked to be a raven vanguard, the universal version that uses the X300U for retention.

David Mayeur

Looked to be a raven vanguard, the universal version that uses the X300U for retention.

I'm fairly certain that's what it is.

Holster options for the P-07/09 with a light are few and far between.
IIRC, it will fit in a Bawidamann Gotham and PHLster Floodlight, but your other options would be something like Shook's Custom. I have been carrying the P-09 lately, but without a WML.

tylerw02

I’ve been carrying my P09/P07s in a homemade kydex holster. I’m thinking about trying to mold one for an X300U sometime soon. We use 0.080 kydex for sheaths in our knife shop and I think 0.060 would be better for a light bearing holster.

David Mayeur

I’ve been carrying my P09/P07s in a homemade kydex holster. I’m thinking about trying to mold one for an X300U sometime soon. We use 0.080 kydex for sheaths in our knife shop and I think 0.060 would be better for a light bearing holster.

This is my current AIWB holster. The RCS struts and loops are temporary. I need to order more Discreet Carry Concepts clips.

47207636451_74cd97c88c_z.jpg

David Mayeur

Any update on this?

I finally got to shoot my P-09 with the Dawson's on it. I haven't been carrying it much due to not shooting it. It is close at 10 yards, but at 25 yards it groups extremely high. Shooting at a B8C, it was over the target.

David Mayeur

Can confirm the P-09 with WML will fit a Gotham, that's what I have for mine.

Good to hear! I will most likely pick one up.

I can’t shoot a SAO trigger worth a damn, so forgive my God awful performance. However, I wanted to note that the sights are not plug and play at 25. I could have done a better job marking the strings, but after the first string, I was getting annoyed.

- The first string patterned about 5” high at 25, which is similar to what someone else mentioned on the forum.
- The second string I tried to hold at 6 o’clock of the entire B8, somewhere in space, and rounds were lower, but all over.
- Third string was basically me getting pissed off and just speed bulling it out of frustration.

I’m going to revisit, bench the gun, and contact Dawson.

54462362_10156135545805963_6086110379467866112_n.jpg

tylerw02

Any update on this?

I finally got to shoot my P-09 with the Dawson's on it. I haven't been carrying it much due to not shooting it. It is close at 10 yards, but at 25 yards it groups extremely high. Shooting at a B8C, it was over the target.

I called them that day, they asked that I call back at a different time due to the techs being out. I worked the following several days and never got a chance to call back. I changed my load and now it’s only shooting 2.5” high. I don’t mind that so much so I haven’t been in too much of a rush. I plan to shoot it this weekend some more and confirm placement before I call them again because I have another gun needing sights.

David Mayeur

I called them that day, they asked that I call back at a different time due to the techs being out. I worked the following several days and never got a chance to call back. I changed my load and now it’s only shooting 2.5” high. I don’t mind that so much so I haven’t been in too much of a rush. I plan to shoot it this weekend some more and confirm placement before I call them again because I have another gun needing sights.

I may go back to the range soon and bench the gun to see what it actually does, but there is a very good chance I'm just going to put a RMR on it and call it a day.

cgcorrea

I shot this group last week, freestyle, with all black rear and f/o front from Dawson (P-09 fixed competition sight set), and 9mm 124 Gr Winchester NATO. Other than that sucker that snuck out into the 8 ring, my sampling seems to be shooting where I want it to. This is a brand new gun (manufactured in 2018), and all I’ve changed out is the sights.

Attachments

• 61D72564-03FC-4A9D-AA71-3213E15CD2E2.jpeg
    61D72564-03FC-4A9D-AA71-3213E15CD2E2.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 20

David Mayeur

I shot this group last week, freestyle, with all black rear and f/o front from Dawson (P-09 fixed competition sight set), and 9mm 124 Gr Winchester NATO. Other than that sucker that snuck out into the 8 ring, my sampling seems to be shooting where I want it to. This is a brand new gun (manufactured in 2018), and all I’ve changed out is the sights.

Where are you holding at? 6 o'clock?