Tech support needed.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Seems a couple hosts have blocked our emails. Some angry people reported us as spam or something I bet.

Does anyone have experience in getting this unblocked?

MeadHallRange

Ask Me About My Yard
If the host of the email system itself has blocked you then they need to take you off the list. If it is a general issue of ending up on the blacklist sites then you can check those sites and they have specific procedures. By email system I mean it depends....XYZCompany.com is likely a specific list vs gmail or yahoo ie the Big providers

ProfDecoy

Amateur
Are you getting any bounces on the sending mail server for the outgoing mail? Those help to troubleshoot, but if you're getting silently dropped by the receiving end, that makes it harder.

Last time I was dealing with getting mail dropped by an ISP (Comcast) it was an issue of they wanted a reverse DNS entry that matched the hostname of the outbound mail server for them to accept it. But that's dependent on where you're hosting from. Some cloud providers like AWS want you to use (and pay for) their mail services, and not send email out directly to reduce the amount of real spam coming out from their services.

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Are you getting any bounces on the sending mail server for the outgoing mail? Those help to troubleshoot, but if you're getting silently dropped by the receiving end, that makes it harder.

Last time I was dealing with getting mail dropped by an ISP (Comcast) it was an issue of they wanted a reverse DNS entry that matched the hostname of the outbound mail server for them to accept it. But that's dependent on where you're hosting from. Some cloud providers like AWS want you to use (and pay for) their mail services, and not send email out directly to reduce the amount of real spam coming out from their services.

I am getting bounces. I have attempted to fix the issues but nothing seems to change.

Arioch

Amateur
I checked the domain on Barracuda, Trend Micro, and McAfee Trusted Source, they aren't showing you in any spam list and classify the domain as minimal risk.

I have attempted to fix the issues but nothing seems to change.
What did you try changing? Did the error messages change at all?