Team Wendy EPIC liner and CAM FIT chinstrap - A Review

Anthony

So I decided instead of keeping the knowledge I acquire to myself I’d share it with you gentlemen so I am trying my hand at a review.

I apologize for any mistakes or unanswered questions in advanced. Feel free to ask questions or for pictures of the system.

I have had and fielded the chinstrap for about three years and this pad system for about a year in total now. Keep in mind I am an Infantryman, so I use my gear more than most. Both items reviewed here were a M/L in a Large Gentex TBH II

COMFORT

That being said let’s get into it. This is by far the most comfortable system I have ever used. I have fielded all levels of padding systems from sweatband to the old school green pads to the Ops Core OCC system. The Team Wendy liner has a highest degree of support and comfort comparative to any system including the OCC. the only problem I have found on the comfort side is while integrating with coms and without, the CAM FIT covers over the wires have a tendency to shift forward, causing the nylon material to creat a hotspot or pinch. Easily fixed by ya know, moving it back and stuff.

I haven’t been presented with a situation where I couldn’t put it back, but if the Chinese hoards come screaming and I can’t, I may be briefly uncomfortable.
8FDF7357-6A2E-4B2E-AC9A-3E717BDDC036.jpeg image.jpg

FIT

The fit of this system is tailorable to about any sized head I can imagine. It comes with an ungodly amount of pads half of which are now spread throughout my living area. Within this package of pads it has different thicknesses, sizes, and even pads for different application. If you want your helmet to stick to your head more, pad more, slide less, and/or soak sweat I promise it has a pad for you.

The chinstrap also has a couple holes you can screw into based on what shape and size your head is. This enables you to either elongate or shorten the chinstrap before fine adjustments with the system.

Another benefit I have found is when integrating with head mounted NVDs, it provides a high degree of stability. With my single tube NVDs it has negated the need for a counterweight system.
FC166DB4-4727-4C7A-BFEF-246CAA3FB711.jpeg

DURABILITY

This is the subject in which I have the most complaints. When I say I wear my helmet a lot, I mean it. I generally wash my padding system (if you don’t you’re gross) after every field iteration, or every three months. My suspension I clean whenever I can’t tell what color it used to be. This of course depends on op tempo. Since having this system I have washed it five times a piece. Team Wendy chose to use some sort of glue to affix the pads to the Velcro, which after three washings I could see was going to prove problematic. By the fourth wash I had to do some barracks medicine and shoe goo the padding back to the Velcro. Is that the end of the world? Absolutely not, that being said I feel for how much this system costs they can definitely spare some thread and a needle. This proved to be an issue as well with the larger pads when washing. Some of the padding would actually flip inside of it cause a jumbled mess and waste about five minutes of my life. I do not know if they chose this way for a specific reason so I’ll complain very little about it.
2DCD15AF-9A14-4BE8-A356-13D6B320D710.jpeg EBB3BD1E-5B1D-40EA-8919-F86106541F81.jpeg

BALLISTICS

An often overlooked attribute of a suspension system, you can tell they designed this with user safety as the end goal. They even go as far to have the padding cover up the mounting hardware for the chinstrap. It has also been tested and passed both the static pull strength requirements as well as ACH blunt impact requirements.

All in all I gotta say every one of my helmets will be getting a Team Wendy system and the coin dropped is definitely well spent. Hands down the most comfortable and from what my dumb ass can read, as safe as the issued padding systems (which Team Wendy is contracted for).

Ten out of ten Team Wendy.
6E229CDF-8E1C-4FD2-8672-7B956D1D69A4.jpeg 37F6C121-BB7D-4F74-9671-51ECFC522508.jpeg CF169F32-A830-4EA5-8166-83AAA2DA85F8.jpeg

Attachments

• D2075801-CD66-4FA8-8D4D-83FAE0A6ED18.jpeg
    D2075801-CD66-4FA8-8D4D-83FAE0A6ED18.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 6