TCI Liberator IV

MrPrincess

Anyone have experience with this headset yet? Looking for more information on swapping from head set to helmet, looks to be a quick snap in/out process. Comments on sound quality, I’m sure the communications are as good as previous models.

Thanks!

Wolf5

I'm going to make this brief. Please do not waste your time or money on them. They have been very disappointing. Sound is not reproduced well, on any of the modes. Battery life is poor. The ARC rail helmet mounting brackets allow the ear cups to flop around. They also lose the positive closed position after sometime. They could be a good option, but they were rushed and still need to be refined. Comtacs or Ops Core AMP would be a much better use of your money at this point. My money is going to Ops Core so I don't have to deal with them anymore.

Oak City Tactics

Staff member
I’d never buy them again just because of the stupid enclosed battery box and the buttons which will fail. My set just failed for the second time. I’ve got two sets of comtacs that have been treated like total dog crap yet they function perfectly. Thousands of operational hours on both at work and range.

Tweety15

I work for an agency that is issued them. To say I am less than impressed is an understatement.

Sound quality is not good.

Rail attachment sucks.

Battery pack sucks. We can’t get the -123s to work for shit. We have sent them back already for reprogramming and new battery packs.

I have personally owned COMTACs and just got an OPS Core RAC. Way better.

Default.mp3

Established
I have the Liberator HPs, which are basically the non-commed versions. Using the standard profile (sound amplification, no active noise cancelling), I like the sound quality better than my Sordin Supreme Pro-X; it's not quite as loud, but substantially less static-y. I like the helmet mounting system better than having to use the Unity SARAs with the Sordins, though I am using a Team Wendy EXFIL LTP, so I have more limited mounting options.

patriot_man

The new Liberator series is not good at all. I've tried the HP and the IV. I personally felt that Peltor Comtacs had superior audio, haven't touched a pair of Sordins in years so I can't comment on that.