Taurus Semi-Autos

Asking for a friend.

So having observed the typical Taurus but also having seen/listened to real people talk about a potential turnaround of the company (looking at you @Matt Landfair and Caleb Ginnings).

Given the Milwaukee Police lawsuit against Sig and just the general "families are always rising and falling in America," I'm looking to see if there are Taurus semi-autos that are greater than others. (And if I need to unprejudice myself from what was called the Brazilian Hi-Point. Yes, I know wheel guns are different.)

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I have had good luck with the G3 series. I was told the G4 is also a good bet but I have no experience with them. Tx22 also is a good bet.

I dont trust anything g2.

We had really good luck with the G3 Tactical during the P&S video shoot in 2022. My review: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...-taurus-g3-tactical-9mm-pistol-surprises/amp/

I reviewed a G2C in 2019 that I purchased myself. Definitely not as nice as the newer G3, but for under $200 NIB it blew away the competition.

The 856 TORO, 856 Executive Grade, and 327 have all performed pretty well. The Executive guns are a very clear step above standard Taurus products, and I have no qualms recommending those based upon my experiences.

bigfug

Amateur
I've debated on getting a few Tauri (would that be the plural of Tauruses?) as stash guns around the house, debating on that or a few daggers.