Tactical Anatomy Systems LLC

Tactical Anatomy Systems has been my vehicle for training LE/military (and more recently qualified non-sworn civilian personnel) the ways and means of getting more effective hits on target in a deadly force situation, and surviving non-lethal hits on oneself in the hot zone. My emphasis with TAS has always been on education/training for the guys who are most likely to use it, so my primary focus was in training trainers. My book, the Tactical Anatomy Instructor Manual (2006) has been a popular seller, and is available in e-book format through my website, www.tacticalanatomy.com

My flagship class, Shooting With XRay Vision (SXRV), has been described by Ken Murray (of SIMUNITION provenance) as "surgical speed shooting". The concept behind it was and is to take medical knowledge of human anatomy and physiology and put it into the tool kit of front-and-center personnel. Knowing where to strike your opponent to produce the quickest incapacitating hit has been proven to both 1) improve departmental round accountability (hit ratio) and 2) increase effectiveness of hits on target. Hence the "surgical" metaphor. SXRV has been incorporated into the firearms training programs of a number of major and minor police agencies in the USA and Canada, and its fundamentals are part of firearms training in some US special forces activities.

My other major class, Tactical Treatment of Gunshot Wounds (TTGSW), is a hands-on course designed to put all the major lessons I've learned in a quarter century of ER medicine and a dozen years in LE into the hearts, minds, and kit bags of non-medical personnel. There is abundant evidence showing that having operators trained in self-rescue takes a big load off the medics and saves lives. This isn't a class for medics (although they're welcome), it's a down & dirty class on emergency lifesaving. Both classroom and hands-on training is incorporated in this class.

I also conduct advanced deadly force training for skilled personnel with my partner, recently retired deputy and former Marine, David Maglio. Content and costs of such training is highly variable and dependent upon the needs and skill level of the specific agency.

Classes are offered anywhere you can get enough folks together to pay my travel expenses. (I don't do this training to make money, I already have a job that pays my bills.) I'm based in west Texas but regularly teach in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Tennessee as well.