Surefire Fury single output mod.

JDRemf

Amateur
So, you have a Surefire Fury with the dual output and you want to make it a single, high output light? Well, here is how you do it.

1. Remove the batteries and look down the tube. You will see the back side of the PCB with some exposed copper plated contacts. the one you are concerned with is in the bottom right of this photo.
surefire fury mod.jpg

2. In the image, the trace is already cut, but an unmodified Fury the jumper will be intact. Simply take a long thin sharp instrument and break the trace as shown
3. Reinstall batteries and and enjoy.

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
Thanks for the tip! All mine are single output now but I am saving this for future refrence.

Ike

JDRemf

Amateur
I can only verify that this works on the PX2 Fury. It has been noted that the PX3 does not have the same pcb trace, and I am unaware of any modification to convert that light to single output.

TomF

I can only verify that this works on the PX2 Fury. It has been noted that the PX3 does not have the same pcb trace, and I am unaware of any modification to convert that light to single output.
My P3x had it, and I clipped it to make it single output just like my P2X's.

JDRemf

Amateur
Interesting. I was going off what i had been told by a couple people who own the P3x. They were sure that the pcb was a different configuration and didnt have the trace.
Can you post a picture of what the pcb looks like on your P3x?

IkeInTexas

Vendor
VIP
The G2X Pro is the same way. I haven't cut it yet but it looks identical to the one posted above. I've got a lot more Surefires coming in at the end of the month. I'll look at all the dual output ones and see which ones can have this modification done.

20150822_130147.jpg

Ike

TomF

Interesting. I was going off what i had been told by a couple people who own the P3x. They were sure that the pcb was a different configuration and didnt have the trace.
Can you post a picture of what the pcb looks like on your P3x?
At work for 24 today, I'll try to post tomorrow.

I forgot to add to my previous post.

There is a trace above covered in green (12 o'clock), however, I'm not brave enough to cut that just to see if it works.