Surefire EDCL2-T

Monty

Just recently started having flickering issues with my EDCL2-T. Will be contacting Surefire on Monday, but was hoping someone had any ideas or has heard of this issue before.

I kept noticing that the light would flicker on and off in the low lumen stage without anything pressing the 2 stage tailcap. This was most prevalent when setting the light down on its side and it would come on. Pressing the button momentarily would cause it to go off until you moved it again. Shaking the light will also cause it to flicker. At first I thought the tailcap was adjusted improperly but I have tried different adjustments. When I did find the point at which the light would not come on by itself, the tailcap was backed so far off I only had 1st stage (low lumens). I should note that I have tried fresh Surefire batteries with the same result.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Monty

Update: I contacted Surefire and they immediately sent out a replacement tailcap. However, this did not fix the issue.

What I finally found causing the issue was a small sleeve inserted into the body must have become loose. This sleeve is located on the tail end of the body and sets into a milled recess in the ID of the tube. Best I can tell, the sleeve was loose enough to work its way out of the recess and temporarily connect the contacts of the tailcap for low lumen stage.

To correct the issue, I simply swaged the ID of the sleeve to create a press fit in the tube, with no movement. Light is now working properly, with both tailcaps.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk