Surefire DSF 870 forend opinion

WDPD8207

Amateur
I am running a 14" Vang Comp 870 with a Magpul forend and a Surefire Scout (secured via a rail at 1 o'clock as I am a lefty) but am considering the Surefire DSF. I like the simplicity and low profile of the the Scout and the fact that I can remove it and run the shotgun without it. The primary reason I'm interested in switching to the DSF is that the light is at 6 o'clock (where I prefer my lights to be mounted). Any opinion on the DSF?

jnc36rcpd

I've used an old-style DSF for several years. I was originally disappointed in the brightness, but have upgraded it with a Surefire Fury. As I recall, they now come with significantly higher lumens. While the DSF is expensive, I think it is well worth the money. I have a Surefire M500 with an upgrade on my rifle which I'm considering replacing with something lower profile, but I would not give up my shotgun's DSF.

WDPD8207

Amateur
Thank you for the input. I am leaning towards buying it. According to the spec sheet it has 600 lumens on high and 200 on low. I like the fact that it has the two different levels.

Joe Halloran

Amateur
I have one on my 870, it "looks" big,heavy and uncomfortable to shoot...but it's not, you lose the ability to "retool" with an existing light body, but the adjustable lumes and switchology work well for me