Suppressor info and recommendations

Farmboy20

For suppressing a DI 12” 5.56 ar pistol what are some suppressors that are under 700 dollars that are good cans that can stand high round counts and are pretty easy to maintain?

Farmboy20

Awesome Thxs I’ll give them a look and also the 700 dollar doesn’t include tax stamp just a suppressor so the total budget is 900 with tax stamp, just to clarify

The dead air sandman k my buddy has sounds good on alot of different hosts of various barrel lengths and calibers and is super durable. We constantly have it either on full auto 556 guns or on a 65 prc bolt gun with zero issues. He would tell you that if you got one to go with the s instead of the k for better suppression but that will kind of bust your 700 mark. Hope this helps.

Rockey

Sandman (k or s) is an excellent option if your $700 doesn't include stamp. You are going to give up some suppression over a dedicated 556 suppressor, however it will have lower back pressure than the yhm turbo.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
If you qualify for. good guy program, you can get a number of SiCo cans for under that.

Farmboy20

Thxs to everyone for the info they have dropped. I’m start doing som research into the cans. Anyone bought from the silencer shop kisok my local gun shop just got one was thinking about going that route to buy one.

shoobe01

Established
Yes. Got my YHM (Nitro, FWIW) through that. Wasn't super close by to get to a Kiosk, but worth it as hugely more convenient than other methods for NFA stuff.

Yeah I used the kiosk to get my thunder chicken, super simple and saves on driving different places to get finger prints and photos. There is a 40 dollar service fee, just for your SA.

Chriscanbreach

Established
It’s pushing just outside of your budget but we’ve had the OSS cans for a bit and they work very well for what we want. QD 556K. Easy to maintain and maneuver on our 11.5 inch DD M4V4s.

Farmboy20

I’ve been doing lots of reading and looking into the suppressor recommendations from here and do the deadair suppressors only use muzzle brakes? Ive really gotten away from using brakes and was wondering if they had a flash hider that works with it.

Tuukka

Where suppressor technology is at the moment, I would seriously recommend going with a low back pressure suppressor design.

However it would be advisable to be able to try out the choices before buying to verify the manufacturers claim and to see that there is no negative effect of the design ( too loud, large muzzle flash etc. )

It is possible to have a suppressor design that has good sound suppression, excellent flash signature reduction and also keeping the effect on the bolt carrier speed under 10% increase ( with more traditional suppressor models it is c. 30-40% usually on 5.56 rifles )

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors

DUAL556-BL.jpg