Suppressing a 5.56 AK (Arsenal SLR-105)

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have experience suppressing an Arsenal AK in 5.56? (Typo in title, the rifle is in fact an SLR-106). I already own a Surefire SOCOM RC and Griffin Recce 5, so I'd be trying to adapt one of them. Surefire and Griffin both offer solutions to get there, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried them and has experiene to share before I commit to a muzzle device/adapters.

It’s pretty common thing honestly, biggest thing is to be sure you send it to someone competent who will be sure to thread the barrel concentric to the bore vs threading to the outside of the barrel which is often times out of concentricity. Another recommendation would be the KNS adjustable piston to help dial in the gas whether you are shooting suppressed or unsuppressed.

Yeah, I see the KNS adjustable piston in my future. The small-bore AKs have the muzzle device threads on the FSB, so the thrust of my question is how have guys fared with using adapters on those threads, vice modifying the rifle by threading the barrel itself.

Either way you’re going to have to get the barrel turned down, the larger muzzle devices are 5/8 and the barrel is likely large enough to take that. The only thing that I know of that works properly with the FSB threads is the Wolverine. Most guys just thread their barrels, and it’s common these days to use a combo block like the JMAC, then shorten the barrel to 14.5 and pin/weld. If you have a device that’s longer you can have it chopped shorter and the same done

purpz

Timely, I just got my form 1 back on an sgl31 that I am chopping and suppressing. I had a Russian FSB combo installed which has the 24mm threads. I grabbed the griffin 24mm->1/2x28 threads which I dropped off at a smith to have him check concentricity. I have a couple of SiCo cans with the dead air keymo adapter that I plan to use on it. I should know if it passed all alignment rod tests this week and update thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk