Sunglasses

Steven Andrews

Three Weeks.
Lost my go-to pair of sunglasses for work and play. I've been using the ESS CDI Max, but I'd like to see/hear what you like. Google targeted ads must have picked up on my loss and is pushing American Optical aviator style sunglasses on me. http://www.aoeyewear.com/shop.html

Reference impact resistance, and mission dictating gear, an important point to remember: half of being cool is looking cool. To whit, I need REALLY cool looking shades to get me laid on the regular.

Grayman

Established
I don't know about the CDI factor but I love my Oakley Half jackets. I've gone through numerous pairs of ESS glasses but never found a pair that fit right...

If you aren't already join Oakley SI and their stuff becomes far more affordable. They even offer some real Rico suave shades in their off duty line. If a pair of iced out Oakley aviators won't get you laid I think you're a lost cause.....

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Flak Jackets are my favorite Oakleys. I have been wearing Gatorz daily for the last year and a half, and I really like them.

karmapolice

Amateur
Stuck with glasses due to astigmatism, I've been running Oakley frames for a while. I'm currently running the cross link switch Oakleys, they are similar to half jackets.

I have been running Rudy Genetyks for about the last 3 years now and really like them.
SP118406S3P_full.jpg

A910

I don't know about the CDI factor but I love my Oakley Half jackets. I've gone through numerous pairs of ESS glasses but never found a pair that fit right...

If you aren't already join Oakley SI and their stuff becomes far more affordable. They even offer some real Rico suave shades in their off duty line. If a pair of iced out Oakley aviators won't get you laid I think you're a lost cause.....

I had and absolutely loved my Half Jackets. Lost them one day. Found them a week later. In my driveway. After they had been ran over multiple times. Long story short they weren't usable anymore. But on a plus side I got to see the durability of the lenses. Both intact, only scratches.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
They probably had those scratches from before. ;)

In all seriousness, that's always been my greatest complaint about Oakleys; they scratch like an addict.

- Jake

A910

They probably had those scratches from before. ;)

In all seriousness, that's always been my greatest complaint about Oakleys; they scratch like an addict.

- Jake

Not gonna lie they were scratched before that and it wasn't from hard use, it was from gently tossing them onto the table or into the cars console/dash.

Matt

Staff member
My cool shades: Oakley Jupiter Polarized Factory Lite
oakley-jupiter-carbon-polished-black-black-iridium-polarized-oo9220-01_800_600_z1.jpg

My work shades: Oakley FlakJacket XLJ
flak-jacket-xlj_985119.jpeg

Mikey011

I got a blue tip that bounced off a wall on my half jackets. They stood up with only a little mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottPM09

I wore the hell out of my Oakley half jackets overseas. After they got blown up by the vehicles halon system, I managed to find the lenses (they were prescription/transitions), I purchased new frames, popped them in and rocked on.

Once I retired those, Numa was running a promotional deal. I got the Numa shark and have been wearing them for the past 4 years now. I loved demonstrating to friends the indestructible of those things by balling them up in my fist, stepping on them, etc... just pop lenses back in once you straighten the frames out and you are good to go. I'm pretty sure you can find a torture test on YouTube for them. Not sure what anyone else thinks about them since I rarely see them, but I love them.

WDPD8207

Amateur
Flak Jackets are my favorite as well. I have 4 pairs and two have the transitions lenses. The only down side to the transitions is they don't get very dark in the car, but are great for being going in and out of buildings or houses a lot. Plus my wife likes them on me.

JCSpringer

I've had a pair of Numa Spartan's for a few years now. I used to switch the lenses out as a day would go by, but now I just keep the amber lenses in because I'm lazy. http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/sparta.aspx I've been really pleased with their glasses. I'm thinking of getting one of the rubber framed ones to try but I end up buying practice ammo instead. Besides everyone's rocking oakleys.

MrMurphy

I wear Revision Sawflys on duty. First pair from when that was basically all they made and took them over to play in the sand (rear area "deployment"), used them for range and work since. Highly pleased with them overall, they make more nontactical-looking ones now as well.

patriot_man

Flak Jacket

- also regarding scratching.
Half the battle is making sure to clean them properly - I rinse mine under water to get any excess dust or debris off and then use dish soap to get whatever oils and crud is on there then blot the few drops of water remaining. When you rub away with just a cloth you're abrading the coating.