Suggestions for equipment

Munch520

Hey guys, getting settled into new home and have setup a home gym, that I'd say is at about 70% complete. Would appreciate suggestions for what can fit the space and offer different workouts/movements than equipment I currently have. So far I've compiled what's pictured below. Looking for what to seek out next...tractor tire? Rope? Chains? Dip stand? Thanks in advance for the tips!

26139544962_117bc8af34_b.jpg

And before someone chimes in on brand, yeah I know I could've gotten cheaper equipment than Rogue. But we do business with them and they're in my backyard so whatever. And no, having their gear doesn't mean I'm a crossfit fanatic. I do prefer HIIT workouts, but without sacrificing form for time.

Orionz06

Staff member
Vendor
Kettlebells. Rogue KB's are nice, as is all their stuff and they not only maintain their value but I'd argue that they're likely the best value out there.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

Rings, sandbag, 100' rope if you can find/afford it (there's an entire pole system to battle ropes), Federenko KB's, bands.

Those are all just icing on the cake, rings and a 20kg bell would be all I'd personally get. Maybe a clubbell

Munch520

Thanks all. Will plan on getting all that, I have a buddy hooking me up with a tire, and bags/rings/KBs I'll grab from Rogue.

I do have one set of bands but it's definitely not enough, I'll be grabbing some more of those as well.

King's_Own

Amateur
I'd grab a couple pairs of mid weight dumbells as well. Ithey're good for working on loaded range of motion.
Nice gym.

Munch520

I'd grab a couple pairs of mid weight dumbells as well. Ithey're good for working on loaded range of motion.
Nice gym.

Thanks there's adjustable bowflex in the lower right portion of the pic (easy to miss) that are 5-52.5lbs each. I do need to get some heavier DBs (70-100lb or so) for chest presses and stuff to mix it up.

Make your purchases efficient. Sure Dumbbells are easy and cheap, but could a pair of heavier kettlebells or the new CMB bells from Sorinex? Completely depends on your training which is better, but they all are capable of doing the same things, some more optimal for specific objectives, some less so. Also think about the benefits of unilateral work. Is it better to have pairs or get singles of different weights, spreading resources and assets. Things to ponder prior to investing

barchack

Amateur
I know it's trendy right now, but I'd definitely reccomend some mobility tools.
I added a Rumble Roller, lax balls, a lax ball peanut and a Theracane to my home gym, and they have helped me self-treat aches and pains before they turned into strains.
I have a few heavy tractor tires, but for a space like yours, I think heavy sandbags are a better use of space.

Munch520

I know it's trendy right now, but I'd definitely reccomend some mobility tools.
I added a Rumble Roller, lax balls, a lax ball peanut and a Theracane to my home gym, and they have helped me self-treat aches and pains before they turned into strains.
I have a few heavy tractor tires, but for a space like yours, I think heavy sandbags are a better use of space.
Sorry should've clarified, tractor tire and maybe a weight sled will go in the garage. That's outside gear for sure.

Good point about mobility stuff, thanks. Will look into that