Suggestions for a new ballistic lid

TrashPanda6

After years of abuse Im going to retire my legacy FAST helmet for a multitude of reasons. Needless to say in terms of lids; way behind the track. As far as purpose it needs to be ballistic (minimum ach rated, IIIA is fine but ive found them to be more on the heavier side for my use), high cut for comms (usually run peltors but the new AMPs are pretty sick so that may happen), and good shroud for mounting NODs.

Ones that have caught my eye have been the newer Ops-Core SF model and the Caiman from whatever revision calls themselves now. As cool as the crye airframe is it hasnt been updated since its release as far as i know which is concerning if the price has stayed the same.

Anyone input would be awesome

WAVandal

This seems to have died off.

Ops Core/3m Gentex, Team Wendy, Galvion seem to be the major players right now. I have a Galvion/Revision Viper A3 Mission Ready with their MSS dial and liner. I like the MSS a lot compared to just pads in the helmet. I would have gone with the Caiman if I had the funds available at the time of purchase, might still get one.

HighTower

This seems to have died off.

Ops Core/3m Gentex, Team Wendy, Galvion seem to be the major players right now. I have a Galvion/Revision Viper A3 Mission Ready with their MSS dial and liner. I like the MSS a lot compared to just pads in the helmet. I would have gone with the Caiman if I had the funds available at the time of purchase, might still get one.

Whats the dial like?

Grizzly

Whats the dial like?
I've got a helmet with the occ-dial system and one with the mss system. They are both very nice and I can't tell a noticeable difference in them. Both are quick to adjust and get a nice solid grab on your noggin.

Default.mp3

Established
I've got a helmet with the occ-dial system and one with the mss system. They are both very nice and I can't tell a noticeable difference in them. Both are quick to adjust and get a nice solid grab on your noggin.
Which Occ dial? The older FAST XP/MT Occ dials with the EPP pads I'm told are less comfortable than the new ones that come with the FAST SF with the so-called Lux Liner.

Grizzly

Which Occ dial? The older FAST XP/MT Occ dials with the EPP pads I'm told are less comfortable than the new ones that come with the FAST SF with the so-called Lux Liner.

It is an older helmet so I'd guess it is the FAST XP/MT style. If this is the "uncomfortable" one I'd like to try the new setup.

Shadow2

Amateur
Currently looking at some similar setups.

Ops Core Fast XP
Team Wendy Exfil Ballistic SL
And the Galvion Caiman

Use is a mix between MIL and LE. What did everyone else go with? If I can save a bit of money and go with the XP that's good. But if the caiman or the exfil is just the bees knees then I'm happy to go that way. Comfort and comms integration is key. Most helmets I wear usually give me a splitting headache.

Pearce

Amateur
Currently looking at some similar setups.

Ops Core Fast XP
Team Wendy Exfil Ballistic SL
And the Galvion Caiman

Use is a mix between MIL and LE. What did everyone else go with? If I can save a bit of money and go with the XP that's good. But if the caiman or the exfil is just the bees knees then I'm happy to go that way. Comfort and comms integration is key. Most helmets I wear usually give me a splitting headache.
Shadow,

Did you ever get any feedback on this or make a decision?

marcusa

FWIW I was between the Ops Core and Team Wendy. Rails are better on the Ops Core (I do wish TW would make a similar version), but retention/comfort for me was better on the TW.

Shadow2

Amateur
Shadow,

Did you ever get any feedback on this or make a decision?

I didn't get any feedback. But I did score a Team Wendy Ballistic SL and I love it. But keep in mind this is my only experience with a helmet outside of .mil issued one.

Wake27

I have an Ops Core FAST SF coming tomorrow that I’ll throw my initial thoughts in here about. I have some time on a Gentex TBH-IIIA, Crye Airframe, and ACH. Oh and a TW bump ski helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow2

Amateur
So bit of a necro post. My Exfil SL is nice but will be flipping it for a Caiman.

I have found a good source for the Galvion ballistic and bump helmets.

shoobe01

Established
not-sure-if-serious-the-avengers.gif