Subgun recommendations

Farmboy20

Question for the forum. What pcc are y’all using or have used? I’m looking to get into subgun/pcc but all my experiences with guns like ar9s have been rough to say the least. The recoil harder than rifle rounds and aren’t 100% reliable. I’ve been watching reviews on the b&t ghm and cz scorpion evo they seem to be the best ones on the market that I’ve found rn. I travel for my job and just like to have a pistol something other than my glock beside me in my camper. Thanks in advance!

tylerw02

I have the CZ. It still has a fair bit of recoil, and the trigger needs work.

The best I’ve used is the Sig, but it’s significantly more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoobe01

Established
Presumably you aren't going to get a select fire system, so not a subgun.

Why a PCC? I like stocked guns, more barrel, etc. but in rifle or carbine calibers. My only PCC is for training (e.g. frangibles indoors) or for stuff like IDPA where you can shoot a rifle if you put pistol bullets in it :)

For self defense, if I wanted to step up from a pistol, I'd bring a 5.56 carbine. I like my 12" but that's NFA paperwork now. If that size and legality makes pistol easier, do a braced pistol. You can also go to short-barrel specific cartridges like .300 or 8.6 BLK to get more effectiveness esp if you don't envision long range stuff, so the looping trajectory is unimportant.

LOTS of options if you must stick to 9 mm, so expound and I and others can give more specific answers with pros and cons to your situation.

pointblank4445

Established
I've got a soft spot for the SP5/MP5 full-size but with anything HK, it's a PITA to fund and maintain for its service life.

I'm with @shoobe01. The only thing that really piques my curiosity for a PCC PDW style gun is the B&T APC in 10mm where you get more than you would than say an APC9 compared to a G34 kitted up with an ACRO and PL350. But with that goes the mag compatibility unless you're all about that 10mm life.
I owned an APC9 pro for a bit on the idea that it along with 5x 30-round mags fit nicely in a backpack. Neat in theory but it never ended up making any trips with me and the only thing it succeeded in doing was depleting my 9mm stocks quicker.

Farmboy20

The use is mostly to keep with me while I’m on the road working construction to keep people or animals away from me in my camper.I hadn’t considered the 300blk option though. I also travel all over the us and wanted something that be legal in as many states as possible.

pointblank4445

Established
IMHO, this sounds like a job for a "trapper" (16") lever gun carbine. We had a 30/30 Winchester Black shadow and a 94 Trapper in .357 in our tractor cabs in the 90's and while longer than a PCC, the slim profile made it unobtrusive despite the length. (Yep, was doing the lever gun thing before it got cool again)

Unlike 9mm and the minimal velocity advantage, magnum pistol calibers like .357 and .44 mag get that performance bump with the barrel length.

If trying to dodge all the legal BS in the states, this or a 5-shot 870/590/1300 is probably your best bet for legality, versatility, and optics (how it would appear if/when it gets used).
Consolation to a "scout" 308 but that has limitations in certain areas.

pic fo fun:
IIDAzuv.jpg

mwePqvo.jpg