Streamlight TLR RM2 WML - acceptable rifle light?

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I’m equipping my new-to-me Sig MCX. 9” 300BLK, gun is meant to be a general purpose home defense/range/SHTF/maybe hunting if I ever feel like it rifle (pistol). Want to set it up to be effective from muzzle to 300 yards. Looking at options for a WML and I’m interested in the TLR RM module because they mount centered on the gun, making it more ambi. I’m a southpaw, for additional context. Alternative would be a Cloud OWL.

What say ye?

SmElly

I’m equipping my new-to-me Sig MCX. 9” 300BLK, gun is meant to be a general purpose home defense/range/SHTF/maybe hunting if I ever feel like it rifle (pistol). Want to set it up to be effective from muzzle to 300 yards. Looking at options for a WML and I’m interested in the TLR RM module because they mount centered on the gun, making it more ambi. I’m a southpaw, for additional context. Alternative would be a Cloud OWL.

What say ye?
I'm also wondering about this light.

Assuming durability/QC is good, I think the only problem that may be present is diminished usable output due to how small the reflector is compared to other long gun lights.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
Perhaps a better way to phrase the question would be, I’m looking for a good rifle light that mounts in a similar symmetrical manner at either the top rail or bottom rail, that would work well for ambidextrous use. Open to suggestions, other than Inforce

MOT

I’m after the same solution. This is what has been doing it for me. However this particular setup has some disadvantages I’ve found out.

Attachments

• 106BF0DC-10C1-48FF-B8B3-3AA785393E60.jpeg
    106BF0DC-10C1-48FF-B8B3-3AA785393E60.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • AB7FF423-CDB9-4EC0-BEEB-73E026215A9E.jpeg
    AB7FF423-CDB9-4EC0-BEEB-73E026215A9E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

MOT

Does that stay out of your field of view with the LPVO?
Negative. Ive found it that doesn’t actually bother me so much as I shoot with both eyes open but since it is a standard height mount it is visible through the optic. One of those downsides for sure. 1CA1A6A5-8A70-44DF-9B0E-AA3095D931C3.jpeg