Streamlight & insight tape switch?

So I have been playing with the TLR IR light lately and really like it. I also run an Insight DBAL. So what I have been thinking is it would be nice to have a tape switch that would have two switches on it. One to operate just the laser and the other to operate the laser and the IR light at the same time.

Any thought on if anyone else might have tried this or made said such switch? Or do I need to break out the soldering iron!

rbhoover

Vendor
Unity Tactical has a switch along these lines in the works, called the TAPS. Interchangeable tips to use with different lights and you can 'program' it for different functions. There was a prototype of it at SHOT.

Unity Tactical has a switch along these lines in the works, called the TAPS. Interchangeable tips to use with different lights and you can 'program' it for different functions. There was a prototype of it at SHOT.

It's wild I posted that and today on TNVC's Facebook page they posted a link to an article about the TAPS that recoil did.

That is some high speed stuff right there. I'm sure the price point will reflect said high speed stuff though. But other than break out the soldering iron I really don't see any other option.