STI podcast.... commercial?

chrisp2493

Amateur
Got to listen to the two world wars podcast over the last 2 shifts at work.... was definitely a good listen

Does that cover 2011’s? I started it but never made it through the 7+ hours. If I’m looking at an STI is that still worth the listen?

JPitts0117

I learned quite a bit from it. I listened to it on stitcher app so it was broke into a 4+ hour section and a 3+ hour section. I felt like a lot of it was geared towards single stacks but there was good content on 2011 guns as well

chrisp2493

Amateur
What is a better option for optics mounting, going with the DUO stock version with an RMR/SRO, or getting a normal Stacatto P and having it milled for the Chambers plate? I found out one of the verified machinists for Chambers is 30 minutes from me in Alliance, OH, so I can drive right down and have it milled. And pro or cons to either system?

PM07

Staff member
What is a better option for optics mounting, going with the DUO stock version with an RMR/SRO, or getting a normal Stacatto P and having it milled for the Chambers plate? I found out one of the verified machinists for Chambers is 30 minutes from me in Alliance, OH, so I can drive right down and have it milled. And pro or cons to either system?

Have you watched Jim Dexters video on the DUO installation? Check it out, I think is under his company name, Tactically Sound Training. Its got some positive and negatives . If you like the DPP and plan on using it, its a super positive. The plate on the DUO not only is mounted with screws but also has a tab system that the plate sits into, perhaps making it stronger?

Joe's plate wise looks solid as an aftermarket option. My slide is out to Buhlers Ballistics for installation of the plate. It is my understanding that Joe is working on more plates for his cut's.

I think both are great options as they are. The question is the price difference worth the DUO or not. I cannot answer that as I dont currently own a DUO. Maybe we cab get someone that has both to chime in.

I’ve got two buddies with DVC Omni’s now. They feel great and shoot even better. That experience combined with the high praise will lead me to ordering an optics ready staccato soon. As soon as the wedding is paid for I’ll be plugging the LE sales guy. Great guns that seem to check all the boxes

I’ve had my Staccato P Duo for a month and a half, it's awesome. I had a para Ordnance P14 in the mid 90s and a nicer Springfield single stack but neither really made much of an impression on me so I sold them and stuck mainly to CZs since. After hearing the STI modcast I got really interested and decided to take a chance, I am a total convert to 2011s now. I can’t believe how much easier this thing is to shoot than my other pistols. Knowing that the Staccato line is inexpensive for 2011s I want to try other options now. If the Staccato is this good and easy to shoot, what is a Nighthawk or a Chambers gun like in comparison for the extra money? I'm saving up now to find out.

On the Dawson plate height, I am not thrown off by it but I only have one other red dot pistol (RMR) so I'm no expert. I went with the Holosun on this gun after talking to Steve Fisher at a class. The slide cuts are ready as-is for a Delta Point Pro, the plate is for the RMR. The Holosun uses the RMR footprint so it woks perfectly with the RMR hardware. the DUO was easy to set up, there are how-to vids on Youtube. It took me maybe 10 minutes and I'm not a gunsmith by ANY means. The Duo comes with the pistol and it is packaged with EVERYTHING you need, even two types of Loktite. In the main bag there are two smaller bags with all of the mounting screws for the Delta Point Pro (and a rear sight that dovetails into it) and the RMR footprint (the RMR plate has the rear iron built in).

STI are making rolling changes, there is a Staccato P Duo in my LGS now with newer grips than mine that have a different texture, and apparently they are working on thinning out the RMR plate. There is a series videos on the Staccato line on 10-8 Performances Youtube page.

I have 7 STI Gen 2 mags (five 21 rounders and two 17 rounders) and they have all worked without an issue so far.

STI.jpg

Last edited: