STI podcast.... commercial?

Chriscanbreach

Established
No it’s not. . I just finished the podcast and was laughing at how the claims of reliability and performance are absolutely true. . I’m sure I missed it in my search so I pulled this out with a few hundred rounds and made them disappear.
Get your hands on one when you have the opportunity and with moderate help on your part it will just do as it’s told. The 1911 has no value as a duty weapon to me personally because of capacity. The 2011 makes the argument invalid and the weight with the composite grip is negligible. We haven’t been able to make this one hiccup yet and won’t clean it until it does.
It’s obnoxious to tell the truth and will spoil you going forward but it’s well worth the experience.
Just a post for fun.
37D382E8-3C51-4CD8-A0E6-757BFBDA0B10.jpeg0B1A4E69-071C-46E3-A09E-5AD20117B759.jpegE555150E-A3E5-4CB3-B04D-F38E59FA8AB0.jpeg

Attachments

• 572DA6F9-7AB5-4B58-93C6-8A82CC40DA98.jpeg
    572DA6F9-7AB5-4B58-93C6-8A82CC40DA98.jpeg
    853.2 KB · Views: 38

JLL2013

I think the DVC-P is badass...but the lack of real front cocking serrations and the sky-scraper height of the optics mounting system makes me cringe a bit. The Chambers plate and the Nighthawk plate system both do a much better job at being low and sleek; I'd think a licensing agreement would have been more beneficial than Dawson dreaming that system up. Yes, I know it's a modification based on a DPP being direct mounted...but that's made it an all or nothing system instead of a 90% for all system.

Chriscanbreach

Established
JLL2013

All valid and true points. The fixation on removing the RMR to replace the battery has been a hinderance to quality design for many. Sig fell victim to it as well.
The post was more for fun and letting people know that shooting these modern 2011s, regardless of manufacturer is an eye opening experience.
I’ve had several people shoot this one and the WTF look on their face is pretty funny.

spinmove_

Lately I’ve been lusting for a 1911 because I don’t have one yet and just about every single one I’ve ever tried (and I’ve tried several) have been a joy to shoot. A local gun shop has an STI Edge for rent. I’ve very tempted to try it out, but I’m also somewhat scared that it’ll spoil me. How does the Edge compare to the DVCs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiff034

I’m very glad to see that STI has revamped their line - when I started competing, the entry level STI was guaranteed to have a malfunction of some sort every match. It really turned me off of the whole 2011 concept until I saw the reliability in the custom shop guns.

I’m also very glad they’ve revisited their magazines - we always joked that we were paying $100 per mag for junk. The older SVI magazines commanded a premium ($150+ for tubes) because they were better and worked in STIs as well. Very few people ran stock STI mags - mine are all STI tubes with Grams springs/followers and Dawson baseplates. MBX is making big inroads in the STI magazine market lately as well.

Spiff034

Spinmove - the Edge is an entry model USPSA limited division gun. The DVC is a mid level gun and will be better in every regard, probably most notably in trigger break. When the Marauder came out (DVC predecessor aimed at the 3 gun market) I was impressed at how much they cleaned up the trigger relative to their models.

buzz_knox

I have always wanted an STI but avoided them due to cost and reliability concerns. After seeing the US Marshalls adopt them and listening to the podcast, I’m very interested in getting a Stacatto-P. Does anyone have a source for either the pistol (in particular the Duo) or the magazines?

PM07

Staff member
I got my STI Hex tac 5" approved for duty use today and had to qualify. Shot a easy 300 out of 300 with it. Was SLOW working the safety but I still made the standards times. I hadnt carried a 1911 on duty in several years. I'm saving for a Staccato P now.

I wont be carrying this on duty until I can shoot the qual with a 300 twice in row in Instructor times. And find a duty holster for it. I'll be carrying it for my part time job and non patrol duties though

PM07

Staff member
I have always wanted an STI but avoided them due to cost and reliability concerns. After seeing the US Marshalls adopt them and listening to the podcast, I’m very interested in getting a Stacatto-P. Does anyone have a source for either the pistol (in particular the Duo) or the magazines?

@buzz_knox are you LE?

Chriscanbreach

Established
Our combat classic is at Rio in October Buck. Find us an appropriate holster and gun combo and we’ll win carry optics with an STI. Just sayin!....

JPitts0117

I’ve been afraid to watch or listen to the podcast. I’ve always wanted a 2011 and now they bring out the staccato P. I want one for a duty gun. I luckily work at a dept that will allow me to carry what I want as long as I can qualify with it.

PM07

Staff member
I’ve been afraid to watch or listen to the podcast. I’ve always wanted a 2011 and now they bring out the staccato P. I want one for a duty gun. I luckily work at a dept that will allow me to carry what I want as long as I can qualify with it.

Do it, do it now :)

PM07

Staff member
Also, watch the TWO WORLD Wars P&S modcast. Its a long 2 parter but is a great listen/watch.

JPitts0117

My bank account won’t like me if I do.... I’ve already been in contact with Buck....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPitts0117

Got to listen to the two world wars podcast over the last 2 shifts at work.... was definitely a good listen

PM07

Staff member
I started to listen to it tonight... then it got interrupted by having to arrest someone.... story of my life

Yeah, I listen to them at work too. Maybe I need to stop because call for service jump up every time I try.

I've listened to the WW2 podcast, both parts, like twice now.