Steyr SSG-69 Discontinued

For those interested:
It's been rumored for a couple of years, but it's official now. I got the following email from Steyr USA last night:

The World Famous Steyr Sniper Rifle to be Retired in 2015
The World Famous SSG 69 is set to be retired after 40 outstanding years in service, however we are pleased to announce that one of our distributors decided to buy 1,000 units before the production line stopped. If you are interested in one of the last of these iconic pieces, you can contact CDNN Sports in Abilene, Texas at 1-800-588-9500 or online at

http://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms.html?brand=1253.

The last 1,000 units were produced in 12 different models PII and PIIK (some are the first ever with threaded barrels). They will be offered in single trigger, double trigger, green and black stocks. They each come standard with a factory mounted 20 MOA picatinny rail.

Also, do not fear if you are the current owner of an SSG model, SAI will still both warrant and perform factory service on all models and have spare parts available.

medic15al

I have one of the P2 OD single trigger model I purchased from CDNN. Been a grail gun since I watched "Lone Wolf McQuade"