Stealth Armor Systems Hexar Armor

Grizzly

This raises a big red flag for me: " Over the last 31 years Mr. Allan D. Bain CEO of Stealth Armor Systems has been developing, manufacturing, and consulting in the field of armor, and is well known for being the progenitor of modern day scalar armor otherwise known as the X-2 and Dragon Skin technologies."

And a rough search of NIJ's site didn't show it listed but I couldn't find the exact model to search for so maybe I missed it.

SAS777

Hey Grizzly, I don't think stating a red flag on me based on the fact that I developed a world famous technology and then sold the interest to the guy who owned Pinnacle in year 2000. Perhaps you have me confused with Murray Neal the guy who screwed himself and the technology up with me standing on the sidelines honoring a 5 year non-compete. Maybe, you don't know what you are talking about in general with respect to protective armor, which is pretty much the case of most forum know-it-all internet experts. FYI - Its not certified through the VOLUNTARY NIJ program, however it is tested at an NIJ certified lab on a lot per lot basis. We are preparing an NIJ test attempt in the next 30 days. I think the red flag you are throwing out there is based on the bad experience most everybody had dealing with my ex-partner, Mr. Neal. I had issues with him as well as many others and that's largely the reason why I sold my interest, I didn't want to be partnered with him anymore. If you want to have your misconception corrected by someone who was there and actually has one of the highest pass percentage rates at the NIJ, and has been developing, manufacturing, and selling armor probably longer than you have been alive, I am at your service. I would be happy to educate you and anyone else who wants a clue about armor equipment as well the historical facts of Dragon Skin.

Below are pics of a new DS 2.0 we were contemplating resurrecting, but sadly DS was and will always be over priced and heavier than other armor.
This was tested at H.P. White Labs in February 2018. We will not be making DS 2.0, Hexar is better!

So please in the future if you are going to say something negative please keep in mind that you should have your facts straight first.

Thanks,

Allan D. Bain

Attachments

• 20180209_142004.jpg
    20180209_142004.jpg
    973.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20180209_142514.jpg
    20180209_142514.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • 20180209_142631.jpg
    20180209_142631.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40

Grizzly

Hey Grizzly, I don't think stating a red flag on me based on the fact that I developed a world famous technology and then sold the interest to the guy who owned Pinnacle in year 2000. Perhaps you have me confused with Murray Neal the guy who screwed himself and the technology up with me standing on the sidelines honoring a 5 year non-compete. Maybe, you don't know what you are talking about in general with respect to protective armor, which is pretty much the case of most forum know-it-all internet experts. FYI - Its not certified through the VOLUNTARY NIJ program, however it is tested at an NIJ certified lab on a lot per lot basis. We are preparing an NIJ test attempt in the next 30 days. I think the red flag you are throwing out there is based on the bad experience most everybody had dealing with my ex-partner, Mr. Neal. I had issues with him as well as many others and that's largely the reason why I sold my interest, I didn't want to be partnered with him anymore. If you want to have your misconception corrected by someone who was there and actually has one of the highest pass percentage rates at the NIJ, and has been developing, manufacturing, and selling armor probably longer than you have been alive, I am at your service. I would be happy to educate you and anyone else who wants a clue about armor equipment as well the historical facts of Dragon Skin.

Below are pics of a new DS 2.0 we were contemplating resurrecting, but sadly DS was and will always be over priced and heavier than other armor.
This was tested at H.P. White Labs in February 2018. We will not be making DS 2.0, Hexar is better!

So please in the future if you are going to say something negative please keep in mind that you should have your facts straight first.

Thanks,

Allan D. Bain
I look forward to having my nervousness correct by independently verified lab tests and facts in the near future.

Vamp

Thanks,

Allan D. Bain

I find it interesting that you say contemplating when you already told 10 of those plates on ebay a while back. If you think it's such an inferior product, why did you sell it to people telling them it had advantages?

HighTower

I bought SAS Kevlar panels and am aware of SAS products working as marketed, now that I'm older I dont buy the narrative about dragon skin due to my knowledge of government contracts... if a single component, the epoxy does not work... find an epoxy that does... Dont blame A.B. blame Neal for being retarded for bad marketing practices.

Mind you, weight is an issue, but for static ops or a turret guy, this would have been great (might have saved one of two 1/7Bn Marines who was in a turret during 2014, other was foot based IED), and industry needs new and unusual ideas to inspire innovation.

Unfortunately I live where IV level threats are common, otherwise I'd invest in Hexar in a heart beat.