Status of Cherry Balmz lube

Ben_170

Is cherry balmz, the lube company still functional? I ask because we are attempting to switch to it for our Sheriff's Office rifles. We contacted the company on multiple mediums (the support email and facebook) to inquire about bulk pricing and larger sized containers. We have waited a few weeks for a reply to the email. It appears the inventory/owner Dallas has been radio silent on social media for approximately 4 to 6 months. We understand Dallas has a one-man show and a day job. At this point I am hoping Dallas is just distracted with other projects and nothing bad has happened to him.

Has anyone recently purchased from them or heard from them?

Our next move is to just make a small order to get us started and see if that goes through.

I have purchased from them within the last month and it was delivered. I attempted to contact them to change the order before it shipped but there was radio no reply from FB and email. I recall hearing/reading via YouTube or Facebook that they are in the process of a large rebrand so perhaps they are in a transitional period

Ben_170

Thats good to hear. The only potential draw back to CB is that it is such a small company, if the owner/operator decides to stop or something happens, the supply ceases.

You might want to check out this modcast. In particular some of the things Ashton brings up. It starts at the 48 min mark.

Last edited:

Ben_170

This episode and the lube specific episode helped me talk smart to my supervisors to get CB approved. My goal was to just be allowed to use CB in my patrol rifle, my supervisor liked it so much it will be our standard lube. So naturally, we are very interested in bulk sizes and prices.

Interesting. My take-away from the modcast ( in particular Ashton's probing questions) was that Cherry Balmz offers nothing new and moving to grease vice oil is probably misguided. I was mistaken in pointing you to the 48 minute mark; Ashton starts to intervene at around 1:04.

Last edited: