Stange issue with Glocks and Blazer

ROMPER

Amateur
Ok, been having several issues with 40 cal Blazer.....appears to be 1-3 rounds every case or so...looks like no powder only primer. Basically launching the bullet into the barrel just enough that a second round will not chamber (thank God). The round has to be knocked out with a rod. Have advised ATK of the situation. My guess is that with all the ammo shortage last year that QC was not very good on the catch up.

A month ago, had one of my guys bring me his Glock 21, with a live round fed backwards hard enough that I had to rod it out as well. Figured that he was talking and loaded a round backwards and it fed that way. Gave him some shit and moved on.
Now I have seen 4-5 more, exactly like this. Same Blazer ammo in 45acp.

Anyone else see anything like this?

R

I had all kinds of problems with Blazer 9mm this past weekend. Felt light on powder, so not cycling the slide properly. Result was lots of stovepipes, double feeds and FTE. Basically every 3rd or 4th round was bad. Switched ammo and the problem went away.

ROMPER

Amateur
Sorry been a busy week. Yeah, that is kind of what I have been thinking Barry. Light load that is cycling, but interfering in the chambering of the next round. Saw another one the other day. That makes 6 Glock 21s with Blazer.

R

Chuck Haggard

Agile/Training and Consulting
Staff member
That sucks.

Previously Blazer 124gr would get our bid every year, and I've seen over 4 million rounds of that loading go downrange over the years, all without any issues.

Speer tends to be quick to jump on QC issues and to take care of a client.

ROMPER

Amateur
That sucks.

Previously Blazer 124gr would get our bid every year, and I've seen over 4 million rounds of that loading go downrange over the years, all without any issues.

Speer tends to be quick to jump on QC issues and to take care of a client.

Hey brother! Yeah, in addition to the 45, I have had over 30 of the 40 cal rounds with what I am guessing is NO powder, only primer. Thank God that the bullet wouldn't go far enough down the barrel to allow another round to completely chamber and fire behind it. That would be kinda bad.....
ALL issues from last years ammo order......
R

ptrlcop

Established
I just saw a squib from Winchester Ranger 165 SXT duty ammo the other day.... Shit happens I guess. Sounded like a loud suction cup and spilled unburned powder everywhere.

Chris Taylor

Random Factor of the K Power
Do you have a paper trail, with all the instances of the ammo going TU? Call the manufacturer, and let them know what's up, but if you can document it, it'll make life much easier. Sorry to hear this, but hopefully they make it right.

QC in the ammo world has dropped precipitouly in the last few years, with demand so high. I know of a couple plants that were running 24/7 for a while trying to meet demand, and still couldn't keep up. Right, wrong, or indifferent, some corners get cut at that pace.