Staccato c2 Optic Cut Options

bates

I am going to purchase a c2 Staccato 2011 soon for ccw

I have a few options for rds mounting.

I currently have the cpwhs low profile plate on my P

Overall I like the lower profile of that plate over the duo option that it came with

so looking at a c2 i am thinking of getting a non duo gun and having the slide cut, dollar wise its pretty close if not cheaper to get the slide cut and by looking at the options I would get a more robust and lower profile or optic sitting deeper in the slide mounting option.

I have a few options

-Vulcan rmr cc cut, this would mount the optic directly to the slide no plates, which is a plus, but would be running the smaller optic not sure if thats good or bad

-Chambers plate and install for rmr, this looks like a solid option, 4 screws holding the plate down, would put the rear sight in the same location as my atei glocks with rmr

-Factory duo version with another cpwhs, simple solution but probably more costly if you add it all up, and there is only 1 screw holding the plate on, least secure i feel

Pat Tarrant

Custom testicles
Staff member
I've had 2 Staccatos with the Chambers cut done by Defensive Creations and highly recommend it. Dave is an excellent gunsmith and the Chambers plate is excellent. It is also less expensive than the DUO system. The only downside to me is that right now only the RMR / 507c pattern is available. That's not really a big deal as they are the two best pistol optics out there right now, and I'd prefer the irons behind the sight instead of in front (practically, to me, this makes zero difference).

I know Joe has been working on 507k direct thread cuts, as well as working with the ACRO, but so far plates for them are not available.