Springer Precision RMR adapter plate with rear iron sight dovetail

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
67D64E07-51C4-47E5-8561-08707093894D.jpeg

https://shop.springerprecision.com/...ive-LEGION-RMR-Mount-WITH-DOVETAIL-SP0247.htm

For those of you who are looking for a way to mount a RMR while retaining a rear iron sight, Springer recently introduced this adapter plate which includes an integrated dovetail to install a rear BUIS. It’s compatible with the DPP footprint pistols, which currently includes the M17, X-Compact, and X-Five Legion. Sig is in the process of transitioning at least the rest of the X-Series guns to this footprint as well.

This is currently the easiest method for running a RMR without sacrificing your rear BUIS, at least to my knowledge

tylerw02

Bobro is releasing one with the sight milled in rather than dovetailed. Price wise it is a wash. I’m actually waiting for the bobro to come out for my legion.

Additionally, bobro covers the LCI do help prevent carbon buildup on the lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tylerw02

Mine is in the way as well. I wasn’t sure which Dawson sight to order. They recommended shooting it with the factory front sight and giving them the data to determine which front sight height I need. There are about three in the “suppressor height” fronts that may work. I was tempted to just order the 0.440” or whatever is “standard”. Out of the box the Sig shot 4” low at 15.

tylerw02

To add: this new mount has me half considering an M17 and RMR.

dcsp3x

to go with the bobro mount I ordered:
Dawson Precision Sig P Series Black Front Sights
(Choose Sight Height & Width Below: .375" Tall x .125" Wide Ramped Serrated)

After talking to a few people and referencing other supressor height sights, I will let you know if its on or not at 10-15 yards with a few rounds when it comes in and maybe do some B8s at 25 later on. I will probably start a thread about it when it comes in

dcsp3x

got my bobro mount and dawson sight in but tomorrow I have to leave town until saturdau night, ill get it put together and get a post up about it

Medic_Mak

Is anyone using this setup? I have an M17 and I’m trying to decide which iron sights to use. The sight in Springer’s photo looks nice and low the way I like it.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
For the Springer plate, it’d be best to contact them and ask what height the front and rear sights should be for proper co-signed. There’s a whole other thread on the Bobro mount with several other members who have direct experience with the plate and corresponding iron sight.

I think the choice really comes down to whether you want the rear sight to be an integral part of the optic mount or have the ability to pick your own rear iron sight