Sordin Hearing Protection Pouch?

Matt117

Amateur
I've been carrying my Sordins with neckband, loose in my BFG DAP pack along with some other essential kit (gloves, eye pro, monocular, etc.) that I use on a daily basis. However the headset has been getting a little bit beat up by this storage method. Anybody have any suggestions on a padded pouch or bag that will safely store a pair of Sordin's with the neckband without taking up too much real estate. I was looking at the Maxpedition Medium padded pouch and the velocity systems padded NVG pouch but i'm not sure if either of these options will be large enough for my needs.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Matt

Fatboy

Established
I've been carrying my Sordins with neckband, loose in my BFG DAP pack along with some other essential kit (gloves, eye pro, monocular, etc.) that I use on a daily basis. However the headset has been getting a little bit beat up by this storage method. Anybody have any suggestions on a padded pouch or bag that will safely store a pair of Sordin's with the neckband without taking up too much real estate. I was looking at the Maxpedition Medium padded pouch and the velocity systems padded NVG pouch but i'm not sure if either of these options will be large enough for my needs.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Matt

I use a helmet to keep my peltor's in. I curl them up and place them in the helmet to keep them from getting crushed. Of course that only works if you are carrying a helmet.

Matt117

Amateur
NVG pouches are definitely too small.

Good to know

I use a helmet to keep my peltor's in. I curl them up and place them in the helmet to keep them from getting crushed. Of course that only works if you are carrying a helmet.

With the vehicles I use at work, i'm generally stuck working out of a small cab bag(BFG DAP) due to limited space in the passenger compartment, any larger personal equipment is kept in the rear of the vehicle. I might wind up just throwing them in my helmet, with my entry vest and calling it good like you said, but it would be nice to have the option to keep some ear pro up front with me if anyone has a viable solution.

Thanks for the replies.

Longeye

Established
Since I am spending your money...
Try the First Spear ECP pack. It has a beaver tail just for carrying your helmet. Then you can carry both your helmet and your earpro inside it.

If you don't mind having two sets of earpro, I find that the over the head model (sans microphone) better handles the stress of being loose packed in the front seat or stuffed in a pack.

Actually, give TCI a shout... I remember them sending my behind the head Liberator headset in a nice Coyote brown padded nylon case with a zipper. They probably sell the case as an accessory.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fatboy

Established
I got to thinking about this. What kind of bag do you have up front with you in the patrol car? If it has some type of shoulder strap that you throw over the head rest to keep the bag in the seat while driving, why not just run that strap through the electronic ear pro so it sits right there where you can grab it when you get the gun out?

Matt117

Amateur
I got to thinking about this. What kind of bag do you have up front with you in the patrol car? If it has some type of shoulder strap that you throw over the head rest to keep the bag in the seat while driving, why not just run that strap through the electronic ear pro so it sits right there where you can grab it when you get the gun out?
I'm in the truck with a partner so space up front is at a premium, not much room to hang the bags anywhere besides maybe the oh shit handle on the A pillar if I'm in the passenger seat. I'm gonna give the TCI pouch a shot and see if it works.

Fatboy

Established
Just brainstorming, but where is your long gun carried? Rack between the seats, overhead, trunk? Maybe just hang the ear pro on the long gun's mag or barrel until needed.

Also, I guess I should have asked what kind of duty you're talking about? Uniformed patrol, gang/ hop out detail in modified uniforms, SWAT stuff etc? In other words, is the electronic ear pro nice to have or needed? If needed, then that's a tough one to crack. Nice to have means there are other options like combat ear plugs or surefire defender type plugs that cut down most harsh noise.

Either way, keep us updated with your solutions. I'm interested in the outcome.

Matt117

Amateur
Just brainstorming, but where is your long gun carried? Rack between the seats, overhead, trunk? Maybe just hang the ear pro on the long gun's mag or barrel until needed.

Also, I guess I should have asked what kind of duty you're talking about? Uniformed patrol, gang/ hop out detail in modified uniforms, SWAT stuff etc? In other words, is the electronic ear pro nice to have or needed? If needed, then that's a tough one to crack. Nice to have means there are other options like combat ear plugs or surefire defender type plugs that cut down most harsh noise.

Either way, keep us updated with your solutions. I'm interested in the outcome.

Long guns are in a rack between the seats, my unit is tasked with tactical work, rescue work and other disciplines.

I picked up the TCI bag and that does the job protecting the headset but it's a little bulky. I've decided to leave the headset in my helmet with my heavy vest. The electronic hearing pro is more of a nice to have for most of what I do. I'll probably go with some surefire plugs in my cab bag for a scenario where I have to jump out with a long gun but can't get to my other kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatboy

Established
I would love a way to get ear pro on every time I grab a rifle with out being a tactical Timmy. The ear plugs might be the way to go, or just saying fuck it and worrying about additional tinnitus later. (That's the method I've been working with so far. The "EEEEEEEEEE" sound is mostly tolerable....)